Going Away Tommorriw

Old 04-06-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going Away Tommorriw

Hi,
Life is getting better. Still not over my ah though. I have to keep reminding myself of the things he did last year to make my quilt weekend miserable.
I'm going away tommorrow, through Sunday, for my quilt weekend. Going with a good friend. She and I go every year.
She reminded me what my ah did to me last year. I finally told her that I couldn't go, because of the things he was yelling at me about. I was in the phone with her, when he ripped the phone from my hand, and proceeded to tell her that he was divorcing me.
Much different, less stressful this year. I'm able to pack my stuff, get ready, with no yelling, or abusive treatment. Really very nice.
I was able to have an old friend over this afternoon. I actually was able to make us a quiche from scratch. I enjoy cooking a lot, but my ah used to throw the food I made away.
My other friend is coming over and staying at my house to take care of my dogs. It couldn't be any better!!
I think I'm finally seeing a gimpse of that light!! I know every day abd situation wont be like this. There will be many ups and downs.
I will always love the man my ah used to be, but despise the man he has become !! I am realizing that no one deserves , including me, the verbal abuse, intimidation, threatening, and degrading things, this man used to do to me.
When I first moved out, I couldn't imagine life without my ah. Now I can't imagine life with him!! Not the kind of life I want for me.
I know my ah is on a self destructive path and is willing to take anyone down with him. It's very sad to see. There are so many people out there with terminal illnesses, not by choice, that would give just one more day with their families.
My ah by choice has throw his family away like a used paper towel.
I am truely moving on, finally in my head!!
I hope this makes sense. Thank you all for listening. Just wanted to share some of the positive things happening for me!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Z-huge hugs. I too love the man my ex was, but not who he became. I will always love that person.
You are strong, smart and a beatiful example of reclaiming your own peace and dignity among the chaos of addiction. Walking away from someone hell bent on destruction is THE right and sane thing to do. It sounds like you are seeing beyond the fear, obligation and guilt and seeing things clearly as they are, not as you hoped they would be. THAT is the key, my friend. God bless you on your new journey!! Can't wait to hear all about it
Old 04-06-2016, 09:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is great! I'm so happy to see you enjoying the peace...

enjoy enjoy enjoy!!! You deserve it and so much more!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So very good to hear Zircon. Thanks for posting. This has been such a tough time for you.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So glad to hear! Have a great time.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I think part of the healing process is being able to separate the disease from the person ~

enjoy your vacation & time away -
you deserve it!

pink hugs!
Old 04-07-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Enjoy your weekend...it's lovely to hear you are doing so well. Your contentment shines throughout your post.

Hooray!