Therapist's Advice and Confusion Over Detaching

Old 04-08-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

^ yep. Thanks, W....so true. Sounds like you had the same million "conversations" I did with my ex. Truly a waste of my time. They don't have ears to hear....
Old 04-08-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
As always, FS gives great advice. In the 96442654 conversations my STBXAH and I have had about me preparing to leave, me leaving, and the fact that I actually left, he almost always asks me why I left. I tell him, honestly, why. He always responds with "well, you did this and this and this and that, and you are horrible, too." And I shut it down with "but we are not talking about why YOU left ME. We are talking about why I left YOU."
Good for you, Wisconsin. What an empowered way to face the discussion.

I hope that, through my time here, the work I'm doing with my counselor, my deeper exploration of self, and leaving ABF I will come out with just a fraction of the strength you've demonstrated.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jenniferlynne76 View Post
Good for you, Wisconsin. What an empowered way to face the discussion.

I hope that, through my time here, the work I'm doing with my counselor, my deeper exploration of self, and leaving ABF I will come out with just a fraction of the strength you've demonstrated.
That is incredibly kind to say. If only you'd seen how totally batsh*t crazy I was for a long, long time.

But seriously...it is a long road, that can very much be three steps forward, a hundred steps back. I think you are doing splendidly.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
That is incredibly kind to say. If only you'd seen how totally batsh*t crazy I was for a long, long time.

But seriously...it is a long road, that can very much be three steps forward, a hundred steps back. I think you are doing splendidly.
Haha! The important thing is that you can laugh about it now. And *that* is remarkable.

Thank you SO much for the continued encouragement.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

ive been on both sides of a relationship- a drunken SOB sicko and then after i got sober the codie. man did i get a taste of what i put the women i was in relationships through with that relationship!

and what a bugger it was to accept that no matter how hard i tried i am not capable of saving anyone- i cant cure anyone.
and in trying do do so i was avoiding the real problem-me.