Ex is off his rocker....again....but what's new?!

Old 04-06-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
It's pretty common for him to get drunk and fire off 5-10+ messages withink an hour or so....and getting dinged each time he sends a loony message just gets old...it's par for the course.
That's the first thing I thought about - I think one of the most important steps is to get that mental distance from crazy. And like you said - every time that Ding! sounds off on your phone, it's like the bell ringing to signal the start of the next match. The ringtone would eventually become a serious part of your PTSD triggers.

IDK what kind of hassle it is to go through all of that with the wizard, but it sounds completely worth it!!!
Old 04-06-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
every time that Ding! sounds off on your phone, it's like the bell ringing to signal the start of the next match. The ringtone would eventually become a serious part of your PTSD triggers.
That's exactly why my favorite song lost its status as a favorite: I'd put a portion of it as my ringtone. AXH and his family and then later the GF were pretty much the only ones who ever called instead of texting. It definitely ended up as a trigger for flashbacks or other PTSD issues. Even after communication was switched to e-mail only, it took a long time to get over that.

I'd always thought Family Wizard would've been great to work through, but there's no way AXH would have paid - or even logged into it. It didn't even register that he could use it as a rant-venue.... When I was looking into it, there's an option to pay for the other parent's account and that made me l a a a a a u g h until I couldn't breathe. I could completely see me doing all the work to put all of DS's appointments, the visitation schedule, expenses, etc. on it only to have AXH never once log in.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

^ yep-that's all my ex uses it for...more harassment and bullying. Shocker.