scared

Old 09-21-2004, 07:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

scared

Hubby came home loaded at 1:30 this morning. I fell back to sleep only to have him wake me up trying to talk to me, but what was coming out of his mouth were not actual words. It was all jibberish. It was very weird. He was getting irritated because I wasn't understanding what he was trying to say--it was like it was all clear to him, but the signal from his brain wasn't making it to his mouth, it's hard to explain. I finally got out of bed at 3 a.m. and went to sleep on the couch, but now I am afraid to go up and see if he is okay. I need you all to share a little cyber-courage with me, I'm afraid he stroked out or something equally awful. Anyone been through something similar?
Paula
Old 09-21-2004, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HI Paula...more than likely, he's fine. Just be patient, be kind - explain to him what happened...but, you may want to wait until he is sobered up and not hung over. You have the courage... and I'm sure he's okay. And the sooner you go look, the sooner your worry will be gone... one way or the other. Let us know if he's okay and hang in there sweetie. Your HP is with you!
Old 09-21-2004, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been there Paula. For my AH it was just too much alcohol that lead to the jibberish. Hang in there.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cyber strength and hugs coming your way Paula. I'm sure he's fine.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Paula. I have been there several times. It was the alcohol overload. I know with my AH he never believed me when I tried to talk to him about the jibberish. Thought I was trying to make him crazy.
Hugs
Kat
Old 09-21-2004, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Well, at least he isn't dead. I finally got brave enough to peek in and check that he was breathing. Geez, the fumes in the room could give me a positive breathalyzer reading...why do they do this to themselves? Hopefully his mind will be intact when he finally rolls out. Thanks everyone, I'll keep you posted.
Paula
Old 09-21-2004, 08:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Paula! I'm glad to hear he is okay... and those fumes will get you. Just hope he is not a smoker and decides to light a cigarette. If that's the case, you may want to take protective cover!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sdp

Theres this person I know who I call the Uber Alcoholic..She is the worst one I know- and I know a lot!!!

Luckily, I don't have much to do with her (I avoid her) but occasionally I run into her. Very nice when she's sober (rare!!) but when she drinks she does the gibberish thing.. Gets upset when I don't understand what she's saying,etc, which scares me.. Ugh. She also likes to fight when she's drunk. Every single man of her aquaintence has hit her at one point -usually in self defense or protecting the woman she is trying to hit.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Well, his mind is intact--thank God. I was very good and didn't mention the whole thing all day, until he said I shouldn't be so tired because he only woke me up for one second to tell me he was home. I told him he tried to talk to me for a few hours and that I finally left the room. His reply was that he must have been talking in his sleep. I said most people don't lean over you with their eyes open while talking in their sleep and I let it go at that. Things just get crazier and crazier around here. The more I try to detach, the weirder it gets.
Thanks for all of the support everyone.
Hugs,
Paula
Old 09-22-2004, 06:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I don't know if it's the codie in me, or what - but, I shudder in frustration at the conversation that must have been - it's just so darn aggravating! I'm sorry... hang in there. At least he's okay...
Old 09-22-2004, 06:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Ya know what's really funny? He blamed his hangover on bean dust! HA! Yes, he was out all day combining beans while drinking the entire time, and he says "I must be allergic to that bean dust, I feel like hell today". It was quite difficult to keep my rolling eyes and shaking head under control.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am laughing so hard! My H has not used the ole "bean dust" excuse - but, he has felt like hell and been like "I feel like sh**, I've noticed the last few days my throat has been hurting"...and I'm like PPPllllease! Here's something else funny - the other night he hurt his leg playing softball and he was limping around - and he said "I wonder if it's poision in my body making it hurt so bad"...and I went "what poison? OH - alcholol?".. and he goes, no, the lactic acid! haha!
Old 09-22-2004, 09:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

paula, I'm laughing so hard I'm almost crying. It's not funny, but it is funny. Isn't it amazing what they can come up with? My A b/f is a concrete finisher and I know he works extremely hard but he doesn't sleep well and wakes up tired every morning. Do you think it could be the 12 beers you drank the night before and the night before that, and so on? It's definitely got to take a toll on the body.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Alcohol is always the last thing they blame. Maybe this is just the road to the bottom..... sigh.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Yep, once you remove yourself from the situation, they are pretty comical. Bean dust--geesh--I can hardly wait to see what the next excuse will be! I'm happy that in all the chaos we can still all find something to giggle about.
Hugs everyone,
Paula
Old 09-22-2004, 03:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paula a.
It was quite difficult to keep my rolling eyes and shaking head under control.
:boat <--- see this? You are no longer sinking! You are cruising towards your recovery!
What you said above (which I have quoted here) was one of the first things that I noticed about ME getting better, detaching, etc.
The quack, quack, quacking wasn't hitting me in the heart and soul - it was so outragiously stupid that I couldn't even buy into it anymore. And eventually, I did get to the point that I would just laugh right out loud, roll my eyes, etc. I mean, really, how could I not?

You may not realize it yet....but honestly, I see this as a step in the right direction.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh my!

bean dust? that is a new one ;-) I am glad he is ok though. Is your DH a farmer? (just wondering since he was combining beans) I am sorry you had to go through that scary experience. One night, it was night one of another go at being sober, my DH went to sleep in the basement because he said he "just needed to sleep" (it was at 8pm - very unusual since he never gets home that early from work) and all night I was kind of freaked that he might be going through some kind of withdrawl thing...the next morning I was worried about going and checking on him - I sent the dog down there! LOL

My heart is spoken for
Old 09-24-2004, 06:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

StandingStrong,

Thank you.

Paula