Dodged a Bullet Club

Old 04-06-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

^ it's his choice to drink himself to death-nothing you or anyone else does is going to change that. You're not turning away from him, you're reclaiming your peace...you're not letting him down, he's letting himself down. You have nothing to feel shameful about-him on the other hand, uh, quite a bit-but only HE can fix that, if he chooses.
So sorry you are hurting but this is what addiction is and what it does. My ex had integrity and great character and honesty, too...but those qualities are longgggg gone. Your ex is not who he was-alcoholism changes them. A man of great character does not tell his parter to go fudge herself. (Just a clue to his mental state and anger at HIMSELF).

I too didn't want to read about my ex in the paper either but I realized that was going to happen with me or without me, at least now my kids and I are safe while he goes off the deep end. You are doing the right thing. (Read my Love Over Addiction thread I just posted-it may help).
Old 04-06-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I dodged a bullet once, then believed his words and went back so basically I handed him another bullet so he could reload.

Why are you allowing his spew into your life? Block him from contacting you.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I get the not blocking... It's hard to do when it is fresh and you are worried. But what I do is turn my phone off, leave it in another room. Then I look when I feel like it. And I do not feel like I ever need to respond if I'm not being given respect. Talking a walk without a phone is seriously freeing. Give it a try! It's only been a couple of days don't beat yourself up!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hello my friends...I just saw the plain truth about "codies mourn, addicts replace." After two weeks, I decided it was time to dust off the old dating profile and just have a little fun, maybe get out every once in a while...Guess who has already been there? Who knows how long, but he keeps viewing my profile. Wth? Stupid girl, thinking he would take a little step back after us. I guess he needs someone new to tell his bs stories to. 😔
Old 04-09-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

^ they always need someone to tell their BS stories to...it enables their sickness.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

After two weeks, I decided it was time to dust off the old dating profile

many might say two weeks is NOT very long to get back on a dating site. sure he "beat" you there, but you went to the same place.......within 14 days...........

you might wanna give yourself a bit more TIME before launching back into the man pool.............get yourself sorted out first. take time to HEAL. you deserve that.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I understand, for me it is a process, and the first time I tried online dating it was a good two months before I had a comfort level with even trading phone numbers, let alone meeting in person. What I've seen is a lot of the same profiles and faces that were there two years ago. I agree though, for people who don't know me, it might seem fast.