Scary Event with AA-Help

Old 04-01-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

To uncertainty:

Thank you for your response.

I know what my role is now.
I know my responsibility to the situation (none).

Every day is a little better.
The forum has been helpful and I am grateful for the knowledge I've gained here.

Life isn't fair. It often isn't fair to the most wonderful people.
The odds are against him and that stinks.
I'm referring to some pretty amazing people I had the privilege of meeting around the world, in third world countries in remote regions. Pretty incredible to see people with nothing, offer you everything! I remember on my return after many months away, I couldn't sleep on a bed. I saw the simplicity of life and the happiness in it. I rarely "wanted" or "needed" for much since....

Even with very little, after losing it all, one can be happy. I hope addicts that have lost it all, can find the hope in a simple life, simple things, nature, and a few good friends.

Addiction is wicked. He does not want to be doing this. In his healthy state, he hates this.

Again, I can not go back, only forward.

I am choosing to walk away from this.....
I will be Ok. I have a simple life, great husband, and love in my family.
That is enough for me.

It's time to address some ME stuff though....
It is time.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Just want to wish each of you a nice weekend and tender thoughts for your own reasons for being in this forum.

I realize that each of you come with some knowledge and pain of being an addict or loving one.

I hope my reeling post helps someone else.

Best wishes for peace in your life and those you love.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up. You tried to help. Sounds as though your friend needs far more than you can give. Wise to step away, block his communication to you, and just breathe. This step NEVER feels good at first. You feel like you are abandoning a friend and letting everyone down. With time comes distance. Live your life, keep walking. Revisit this in a few days. I bet you will feel differently. Peace.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm new to this site and some of the comments are harsh.

You're trying to help someone. There's nothing wrong with that.

He's not your problem. It'd be different if he were your husband. You did the best you could. That's all you can do.

Refocus your attention on your own family and move forward.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

maud and always, the last post on this thread was made on April 1 (date of last post is right above the member's name who made the post). The OP has no posts anywhere on SR since then, so she is likely not here anymore.

I see you are both new here, so I'll offer this bit of advice: When looking for threads to read, it makes no difference how old they are. You can get just as much help from reading thru a thread that has not been posted to in 10 years as a brand new one. However, if you are going to post, offering to share experience or support with the OP, it does matter how old the thread is, at least if you want to see further activity on the thread.

Glad you both found SR and are taking the opportunity to read around the forum; hoping you find help and stay to share your recovery with the members here.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Duly noted, honeypig. Thanks.