O/T They never go away

Old 03-29-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

O/T They never go away

OK, this is the crazy email I opened up from my ex today----- I did change money amount for my alimony.

--------------------------------------

OPM (this is Office of Personnel Mananagement, it's about a gov pension) just sent me a letter that an additional $1378.62/month will be withheld from my check beginning 04/01. I've got to get this corrected through the court. In the meantime, please send me $978.62/mo which would equal out to $xxxx/month for you until I get this straightened out.

Now we both worked for the government, so I get a part of his pension, he gets a part of my pension, and to make up the difference in the alimony requirement, he is to send me $400. per month.

Now if I had anything at all to do with the overpayment, I would have gotten the overpayment letter and they would be taking it out of my check, not his, so this has nothing at all to do with me.

So--------- I was thinking of responses to this that I would like to send but won't.

1. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm------"NO"

2. Sure----- the check is in the mail. Go wait for it.

3. That's a good one. I'll file that in my folder that is marked laugh of the day.

4. I think you qualify as certifiably crazy now.

5. You're precious !!!!

I have more responses for him, but won't respond, instead I forwarded to my attorney and asked her how the garnishment was going....

((((((((((hugs everyone, and have a great day)))))))))))
amy
Old 03-29-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good grief!
Old 03-29-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And the Quack of the Month Award goes to...

Wow. That's pretty amazing. Gotta love the presumption that you'd just take his word for it and start sending him money.

ETA: There's always southern passive aggression, "Why, bless your heart."
Old 03-29-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Really liked the "Bless your Heart" still laughing here.

My attorney did get back to me, and she asked me to ask him to send me a copy of that overpayment letter that he got, and also proof of the pension divisions.

Oh, how I hated to respond to him...........

I just asked him to forward a copy of that letter to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

He doesn't know I am working on a garnishment right now, so I left out the part about my lawyer wanting this info.

See, I know back to last year, a letter was sent to him about an overpayment from OPM. It was addressed to him, but somehow it ended up in my mail box, with many other letters from OPM addressed to me. I opened all of them, and didn't realize I got his letter by mistake till I read it. I then told him about it, and forwarded the letter to him.

I called OPM, what a wasted morning. Try calling the government !!!!!! They have you on hold for about an hour just to talk to someone. They are not sending out a $1300+ check. I can't get info on his overpayment. My check amounts have not changed.

Thank God I already have a lawyer working on garnishment.

Now a whole day is shot because of all this, and I now need to connect my printer to this computer.

Why don't they just go away already????

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
amy
Old 03-29-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

"Just because someone says it doesn't make it true"

Glad you are wise enough to consult your attorney before taking any action ~ wise choice in taking care of you ~ hope it all gets worked out soon !
Old 03-29-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The funny thing is, if he wasn't such a controlling arrogant a$$, I could explain things to him regarding his prior overpayment letter. I know what caused that. That is what they were referring to. It's not a monthly withholding of $1300+. It's a total overpayment to him, and I am not involved with this whatsoever.

But, alas, I made a New Years Resolution to not deal with "crazy people" this year. That meant HIM.

Thank you so much for your support
(((((hugs)))))
amy
Old 03-29-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good resolution my friend! Let him invest his own time in figuring it all out!
Old 03-29-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah. I got to where I trusted nothing that rang from the lips or written in thier hand. I needed some reliable 3rd party way to back up anything she said. She picked up on it quickly and it ran it's course pretty quickly.

I'm reminded of when she was finally done fighting and knew I was going to evict. She had the balls to bring her new boyfriend over to help her move.

Said he was a cop and I better not cause any trouble. I said....great......and I went and called the cops. Who promptly came over and asked him to ID. She forgot to tell him, she was going to tell anyone (me) he was a cop. He was clueless. They both got made to look foolish.

Just amazing the reality they want us to live in.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't bite anymore with anything he says. I would completely ignore this except for the fact that I am going for a garnishment. My attorney needs the correct amount to garnish.

So I contacted my attorney who wanted documentation. Ok, easy enough. I have all the papers right here. (Don't even want to talk about my printer problems and how I took out my old computer because my printer worked with that computer, but doesn't now.) On my way to a migraine at this point.

Try dealing with the government or any of the paper stuff that they send out, and really you can explode on me because I was a government worker. I apologize to all of you out there who ever had to deal with the government. I did work for Social Security Office, dealing with Supplemental Security Income.

You try to call about your gov pension, they have you on hold for an hour, then disconnect the call, then you have to call back and hold on for another hour, and hope they don't disconnect you.

So, I am trying to get things ready to send to my attorney, and I realize I have 3 different award statements. All of them with different amounts on them, regarding the portion of his pension that I am entitled to.

This is really just a rant, because I really can't talk about all the computations and things like that. I did computations of benefits as my job, and I was good at that. I just wanted to do a simple garnishment for alimony, now I still have to deal with this a$$hole. If he was a reasonable person (haha), I would be able to talk to him. But he's "nuts", and now I need to do a lot more for that simple garnishment.

I just wanted to pay for the garnishment, but it appears that this will be going back to court. I'm prepared for it.

((((((((((hugs and thanks))))))))))))
amy