Sweat behind the ears....

Old 09-19-2004, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sweat behind the ears....

Hi Everyone! I am having a great weekend, really enjoying myself. All the windows were open today, finished all the laundry for next week and I am about to put fresh sheets on the bed. Making up the bed reminded me of last weekend:

Last weekend, my AL spent the night at my place. After years, it has finally hit me why he is so adament over his Sleeping Alone. I never had much of an issue with that -the TV must be on all night, he snores and gropes- I like to sleep where it is quiet and dark! Well, I had stopped by his house after afternoon shopping to say hi & he wanted to come back to my place. We got back home about 7:30pm, he went to bed in the guest room at 8:00. (He had been drinking all day watching NFL, so I wasn't surprised.) Well, I went to kiss him good night a couple hours later and the entire bed was soaked with sweat (I'm CERTAIN it was sweat), I mean fully soaked, pillows and all. I turned the fan on, kissed him and went to my own room to sleep. I knew he sweated like that after drinking hard in the past, but it had been a long time since I had seen it. He even says 'you must sweat it out after drinking too much, haha'. No wonder he must sleep alone! I'm sure he is embarassed and ashamed about that.

He is so sweet and considerate -the next morning he surprised me by taking the kitchen trash out for me. (He is constantly doing things like that, thinking of me first.) Our relationship has been a more positive experience for me since I started AlAnon last spring.

Last edited by CrazyRed; 09-19-2004 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are doing for yourself and having a great weekend.
Rose
Old 09-19-2004, 08:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tx Rose!
Old 09-20-2004, 06:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had never heard of "night sweats" or anything like that until just a few months ago. I hadn't realized that it was normal for alcoholics to sweat like that.
My AH is also a big sweater but I never put it w/ the drinking because he's always hot - such is my daughter.
After he'd been sober a few months and was living at his parent's by this time, I asked him if he sweat like that up there (because I figured she would NOT be happy with how many sheet sets he can ruin! as I was never happy about it) and he told me, "no, but they have central air".
I guess I still wonder if he sweats like he used too since he quit drinking?
Old 09-20-2004, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Strong-

Yep, the sweaty funk of the alcohol -you never forget it.
Ew, sorry to be so graphic!

Thank you for the response.

~R