know it all drunken ranting - gahhhhhhhh!

Old 03-25-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

know it all drunken ranting - gahhhhhhhh!

He's back and ranting at the TV. I know wishful thinking isn't helpful, but if he'd just shut up for a little while I'd be very happy. I can only presume that he used to be married to Pam_Ayres. Maybe I should tape him and make him listen to it.

They Should Have Asked My Husband by Pam Ayres
Old 03-25-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Eww!!! I hate the drunken rants and ramblings SO much!!!! (Shaking my head) :-)
Old 03-25-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't miss that! Mine didn't rant at the tv-just about everything else!
Old 03-25-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

If it gets to much, maybe take off for a movie or a meeting with a friend?
I have walked in your shoes it sucks: you just want to tell them Shut the Quack up but you don't know how they will respond ( mine was abusive too).
Like Forourgirls I don't miss it either. Alcohol abuse is a big no no when it comes to potential partners for me these days. Never again!!
Hopefully, he will pass out soon so you ll have the house back to yourself

Old 03-25-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Underlying anger which he can't keep to himself. Let him rave, and you go off and read a book (well it seems that's what you have been doing )
Old 03-25-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I went to bed with my kindle. Audio book and headphones. Ahhhhhhh. That's better!
Old 03-26-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Omg I thought this was just my AH! Watching TV is close to impossible with his constant rants! Our family watches a show together. It's our Sunday night thing to do. Well the show focused on the second-tier characters this week and AH was VERY unhappy about it. He wanted action driven by the main characters. So he began to rant, which quickly evolved into a racist diatribe about the featured character (a powerful and strong Hispanic woman). It was horrid! There is a talk show after the show in question and the featured character was on the show. Good lord it was miserable! You would've thought that the show's writers were targeting him! He threatened to ban the show from our house if it didn't change. He has done it before...I continued to watch a show he "banned" and he would sit there and make noise and comment about how stupid everything is until I just gave up on watching it. To him, if he doesn't like it, nobody should watch it.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't think mine live ANYTHING. Rand rant rant. I've given up trying to watch TV with him in the house. I wait til he goes out. Thankfully I'm hard of hearing so can get some relief by removing my hearing aids, even though I can still hear him waffling on.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I DVR the shows I want to watch and stay up long after he goes to bed in order to watch them. My normal bedtime during the week is 1 am and I get up at 6 to get the kids off to school. And I watch them the same day they air and delete them from the DVR immediately so he doesn't complain.

As you can probably tell by my tag, I'm a HUGE Downton Abbey fan. At first, AH was pleased that I watched the show because of its "historical value". This year his view changed and now it's "all about the aristocracy and rich people" and, therefore, unfit garbage. Nothing changed with the show, just a newfound dislike for it. I grew to like that period of history because of the show and he tried to squash it.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Mine ranted at PBS, especially anything about Israel or the Middle East. He probably still does this, but I don't have to listen any more...