Soberlink "photo verification alert"

Old 03-14-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Soberlink "photo verification alert"

I got a "photo verification alert" from Soberlink today about a test that my STBXAH took last Tuesday, when he had custody of our kids. It says "Declined photo" and "Reason: inaccurate or no mouthpiece used during test."

Anyone have experience with this? I called SL, but the customer service person with whom I spoke had no information. First he tried to tell me that all notifications are in real time, so I couldn't have just gotten the message . . . but I did, and it was sent today. The date of the test I got a "compliant" message. Then he said AH may not have used the 'straw,' or that the photo was unrecognizable.

Hopefully I'll speak with someone more knowledgeable at SL tomorrow but in the meantime I wondered if anyone here has experience with this.

(I contacted STBXAH who said he didn't get the message and had nothing but "compliant" tests.)
Old 03-14-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your ex is lying. Typical. Make sure you note that any declined photo is also a violation on the contract (this should be in his contractual agreement with soberlink). Any declined photo means he didn't test correctly and us considered a failed test. And missed tests are also considered failed and positive. Btw-of course he's going to tell you it's wrong. My ex was way over the legal limit at 10am in the morning and tested positive all day until almost 4pm...but swore up and down he hadn't had a drop of alcohol. Uh huh. Talk to your lawyer asap.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

SK-alkis don't follow rules, at all. Get used to his excuses-they will probably become more delusional and weird. Get ready for some major lashing out and pushback when you hold the line abd make him accountable for his actions. Keep yourself safe...you're doing the right thing, friend. PM me for more soberlink info if needed.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thought I'd post an update for anyone searching the archives for info. Turns out it was user error; holding the device in such a way that his face was obscured in the photo verifying his identity. He was prompted to retake and did so, immediately, with a "compliant" outcome, which was the original message that I had received in real time.

The SL customer service person said something had been set up inaccurately on their end, which was why I didn't receive the message for a week. It's all fixed now.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to know! Glad you figured that out.