Very happy with myself today

Old 03-11-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very happy with myself today

So, where do I start . . .

My ex got himself to ER again on Wednesday. Because of his "heart issues" and a "small heart attack." Only this time, they transferred him to another hospital in another town.

Anyhow, he has been avoiding his family and mom for years. I had very little contact with them as he made them look like a bunch of monsters. He made his mom look especially bad. So, this morning, I get a phone call from his mom. I let the phone ring and she leaves a voicemail. It is for my ex, but she does not even know that we are divorced. So . . . I am thinking and thinking and struggling and then I call her back. We meet downtown for some coffee, face to face. And I tell her everything . . . the withdrawal syndrome, the fights, the divorce . . . and you know what? She is not even surprised. And she tells me he had withdrawals sometime in 2001 when he got admitted to another hospital and had DT and was kept for a few weeks.

So we had a really good conversation. I apologized for everything and if I ever caused any pain to anyone. I also told her to get in touch with her other sons and tell them what is going on. The poor woman was actually relieved that it was not a "small heart attack." Since my ex did this before, I am sure they will know how to handle him.

I am so happy the dirt is out. And the sun is still shining and the earth is still l revolving around it.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you. When I was reading this, what came to my mind was that something like that would give me some "closure". I know we need to give ourselves "closure", but things like this really do help.

You sound so great !!!!

((((((hugs))))))
amy