Here's a thought......

Old 09-17-2004, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here's a thought......

It just occurred to me that living with an A is a great dieting tool! I always lose my appetite when he is drinking. A silver lining!
Old 09-17-2004, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LOL. You are so right!!
Old 09-17-2004, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Didn't work for me. I ate more because I was soooo stressed out all the time. I am learning to take better care of me now though.
Hugs
Kat
Old 09-17-2004, 08:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I got very skinny dealing with a crack user. No money for food. When he cleaned up I gained 30 lbs.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

friends

Im trying to get my dad to let me and josh still be friends. he knows what i am going through because his sister April is going through the same thing as my mom. They need to unstand that I need friends like that. Hopefully, he will accept it soon
Old 09-18-2004, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hi Patrick,
Welcome. You have family that is alcoholic? Your mom?

Stick around. There are a lot of people here who are dealing with family that is alcoholic. If you need support, there is a lot here. Hugs, Magic
Old 09-18-2004, 09:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yeah my mom...its a rough time right now....but thank you
Old 09-18-2004, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm just the opposite. I figure if he can drink all he wants, then I can eat all I want. How stupid am I? He sits down with a 12 pack and I sit down with a big hot fudge sundae. Maybe that's why they call it comfort food. :lame:
Old 09-18-2004, 05:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I GAINED over 60 pounds during my marriage to my AH, so it didn't work for me. Now I'm on a program for weight reduction and have finally started getting rid of the weight. As usual my husband is far from supportive (he's VERY insecure and thinks if I'm fat I won't leave). When I told him about my weight loss he asked very sarcastically: "Where did you loose it? Did you loose it all today? Really, where did you loose it?" When he initially found out I was on a diet he literally waved a chocolate donut in my face and told me I should eat it. Funny though, he's always making fun of me because of my weight.

So I guess it is usually one extreme or the other. Either the stress causes extreme weight loss or is can cause extreme weight gain.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Food can be a funny thing with me -I am VERY particular about what I will or won't eat. Lately, food has seemed so yummy and delightful & I've been surprised. Could be b/c I am happy and content? I am 5ft 12in tall and weigh around 130lbs (don't have a scale at home). When I am way stressed out -like a couple years ago- I got back down to my high school weight of 113lbs. Food did not appeal to me at all. Now EVERYTHING seems so delightful -must be the comfort food thing with the fall weather kicking in.