Need some major prayers

Old 03-04-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

There's a lot of website info out there on "rebuilding" credit. This info happens to also work good for _improving_ credit, which is very useful to have in time of financial emergencies.

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 03-04-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just saying because they honestly saved my butt. I would never recommend anyone messing with credit cards, because the temptation to use them is straight from the devil. But if used wisely, they are fantastic.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Well, I think the lesson for that is to know thyself. If you're undisciplined using credit cards, they can indeed spell disaster. OTOH, I actually used a BT offer to max out one of my cards (on a "three percent interest until paid off" offer) and put the cash in a money market account and used it to pay my share of my younger son's tuition bills for four years of college. No way I could have obtained a loan for that kind of rate, so it made perfect sense.

I currently have rather large balances on two card but am paying zero percent interest until they are both paid off (one later this year and one early next year). I am a fanatic about my credit report, and only take on what I'm sure I can handle.

So used properly, they can be a great financial tool.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear you can rest... under no circumstances are you to move back in with him. Get a room mate, find a room mate situation, whatever you have to do. A room mate who doesn't do dishes is still better than going back!
Old 03-07-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Glad things are OK. I haven't been on in a week or so and I missed this. Big sigh of relief for you!