Praying for you, Zircon!

Old 03-02-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Praying for you, Zircon!

Psalm 56:3 as you go into court today. Peace to you!
Old 03-02-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Me too, Zircon! Prayers for you in court.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Court Yesterday

Hi,
Didn't have the best day in court. I wasn't represented by a lawyer, couldn't afford it. I asked for the domestic violence order to be dropped and a restraining order according to the divorce statue.
Well my ah lawyer had police reports, with sentences she made me read, taken out of context. I had a rebuttal for everything. Then she starts on my medical condition, that the marriage has been deteriorating since my brain issue, when my personality changed.
I answered that she had no right to talk about my medical condition, asked her what that has to do with abuse? It was awful. Then she went on to say that I took stuff from the house, a recliner, a bedroom set etc.
Told the judge, all I wanted was custody of the house. I said if that's what I wanted, why would I have moved out???
She called me a liar and basically degraded me, used my medical condition. Never thought my ah would stoop so low.
The judge wouldn't drop the domestic violence petition. His lawyer asked if he could move back in the house. That was granted. So waiting for judges ruling.
It was quite an eye opening experience. Lines were crossed that I thought my ah would never cross. Really sad. He looked awful.
I'm thinking you trust your ah with all private stuff for 12 yrs and he thinks nothing of betraying your trust.
My ah, who has always prided himself on telling the truth, has become a liar. I don't know how he can look at himself, and be happy with what he did. Definitely not the man I married.
I'm ok though. I think I needed this to truely understand what my ah has become.
Thank you for listening. I don't think I'll ever trust anyone again.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Zircon, so sorry that this continues to be a terrible experience for you. It seems the law is always on the side of the alcoholic, and that we as spouses have very few options other then losing everything and anything and starting over. It's really not fair, and I honestly feel for you.
Please know that I understand, even when it doesn't seem like anyone could possibly understand, I get it, we get it, and you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Z-my ex prided himself on telling the truth as well. He is a liar, too. It's what they do! Doesn't make it esier to accept. But it is what it is. I am so sorry about court. Truly. Sending you big hugs and prayers for comfort and peace.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

At least you know now clearly what you're dealing with--
this is who he is now, in his addicted state.
Act accordingly from now on and cut him no slack in the settlement.

I'm sorry you were attacked in that way
Please take care of you and try to make your new home cozy and peaceful.
Sometimes "nesting" has a healing effect which really helps.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Zircon,
I had chills reading your report. It sounds miserable.

On the other hand, good for you for retaining your composure and responding appropriately to unfair attacks.

I hope you can take a breather and get some space today. You're a survivor, right? And you just showed how well you can defend yourself, too.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know absolutely with 100% certainty that if my X and I ever end up in court, he will lie like a dirty dog. I document EVERYTHING.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

^ Yeppers. And z, remember you're not doing anything wrong by exposing his lies. My ex SIL called me vindictive, etc bc I was telling the truth about her poor little baby brother who can't fight his own battles obviously. Telling the truth, and showing others lies, is not wrong. Lying is!
Old 03-03-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi,
I'm just exhausted today. Feel like a dish rag. I think still in shock.
You don't ever really know someone, I guess. We think we do, but there are so many things that can influence, and change a persons behavior, like addiction.
I guess, no one is ever really safe and secure in any relationship. They might think they are, but it could change in a second.
Not sure what to think about trusting someone. Will be hard for me to ever do again.
I just feel so broken!
Old 03-03-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wait, I am confused... how can the RO stay in place AND he can ask to move back in to the house where you are?

I hope the judge won't allow that...

Court with an addict who can afford a sleaze lawyer is hell. I have been there.

Im so sorry he stooped so low -- think of him as a little bully kid on a playground who no one else will play with anymore bc of his bullying and so rather than recognize his own antics he finds ANY weakness in others to spread rumors about to fill his empty soul.

That is what your addict is doing, it's what mine did and does and it's what they all do at one time or another...

So very sorry.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi,
I moved out if the house he wants to move back into. Funny, though, his lawyer stated the only reason I pursued a PO, was so I could have custody of the house. I stated, then why have I moved out, if that's what I wanted. I like yours word, yes, incredibly sleezy!!
Z
Old 03-03-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Addicts do the same thing narcissists do. When you leave a narcissist and the realize they can no longer control you, they move on to trying to control what others think of you. My ex has fabricated many a story about me-some I literally laugh at...you have to. But truly, as WTBH states, they are the bully on the playground that won't look at themselves. It's very sad to see. Z-you're going to be ok. I understand the feeling of not knowing who to trust and not trusting again. It's so hard when you think you know someone. I thought I knew my ex as well-I would have never guessed he would do what he's done. Truly. You will get past this and you will trust again-first start with trusting yourself!
Old 03-03-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry to read about your experience. I have no advice that would be relevant, but wanted to reach out and let you know that another member of the SR community is thinking about you.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zircon View Post
Hi,
I moved out if the house he wants to move back into. Funny, though, his lawyer stated the only reason I pursued a PO, was so I could have custody of the house. I stated, then why have I moved out, if that's what I wanted. I like yours word, yes, incredibly sleezy!!
Z
I have to believe that judges eventually see through sleaze, lame ass arguments like that one his lawyer made.... I just hate that the judges allow for people like you to be treated so badly in a hearing (I experienced that too) by loser lawyers who love to defend and represent addict losers like our ex's
Old 03-03-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zircon View Post
My ah, who has always prided himself on telling the truth, has become a liar. I don't know how he can look at himself, and be happy with what he did. Definitely not the man I married.
I'm ok though. I think I needed this to truely understand what my ah has become.
Zircon, I so love how you thought about the situation in what you said here. i.e. at least you won't be having any second thoughts about the divorce!

Also I so hope you have some way to treat yourself with extreme kindness and care. Please do something super nice for yourself!!