So he gets out tomorrow...Anxiety!!!

Old 02-29-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

^ so true-those words are so true re depression, etc. I wish people realized this. Glad you have some peace, J.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:55 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

You seem so strong, uncompromising (in a good way) and determined but it's taken it's toll. I hope everything settles down soon and your XAH and you lose contact. At least he's not adding to your stress apart from the scary and sudden finding religion. I might be wrong but I thought he was a dedicated atheist?
Old 03-01-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

FeelingGreat, it's all one big house of cards, I'm the queen of compartmentalization. But one strong wind, or unforseen drama and it will all come crashing down.
Nope your not wrong at all, 1000% against God, against religion, those people are crazy for the first 50 years of life, and now after a short 75 days in rehab he has had a complete turn around. Quoting scripture left and right, and God is getting him through. Found God in rehab, apparently God hangs out a lot in rehabs, prisons, and hospitals. (Sorry not to be jaded, just cynical.)
Old 03-01-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

God does tend to find you at your lowest...not saying your ex has actually had a spiritual awakening....maybe he has-that would be great! But not really your business!
Old 03-01-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I understand your cynicism, I really do, but it can and does happen. Let's pray that it's real for him. He's not your problems anymore :-)
Old 03-02-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey JL, I hope you are getting through this tough time. You sound like a wise woman and have set some great boundaries.

Have you found anything that helps with the anxiety?
Old 03-03-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Hey JL, I hope you are getting through this tough time. You sound like a wise woman and have set some great boundaries.

Have you found anything that helps with the anxiety?
Thanks very much, I don't feel wise, I feel like a schmuck for getting caught up in this fiasco and for letting it go on so long. But thank you.

I have been trying deep breathing exercises to control the anxiety. I've mentioned it before and not to harp but my puppy has been a great source of comfort and anti-anxiety for me, we go on walks regularly. Finally when all else fails then I take Xanax, unfortunately this doesn't work for me during the day cause it makes me sleepy, and I'm not a big pill person, but sometimes they are just too much.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi, J! Just wanted to say how adorable your puppy dog is! My dogs (many through the years) have ALWAYS been my support therapy I love them with all my heart! I will always have dogs! I have two shelter rescues now... a boy and a girl... both mixed breed big dogs. They are my best friends!