To the newcomers here and those on the fence...

Old 02-20-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To the newcomers here and those on the fence...

Wanted to share with you....regardless of what you do, you are here-and that is a huge step. And many of us here have been exactly where you are right now. We were all newcomers at some point too-and had to start.

"Start. Start where you are. Start with fear. Start with pain. Start with hands shaking. Start with doubt. Start with your voice trembling, but start. Start and don't stop. Start where you are, with what you have. Just start."
Old 02-20-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say that when I really started, I was totally confused. I was believing the things that were said about me. I needed to reach out and to stop isolating myself.

Now saying that, I also need to say something else. There are many people who are afraid to come forward, some of them may have already tried, and some of them might have heard, all of the same things. Things like, what is wrong with you? why don't you leave? if you stay, then maybe you like that? or how about "what did you do to cause all of this"? Many reasons, many people, many problems, many different reasons. Financial, religion, and my fav. Stockholm Syndrome, c-ptsd, anxiety attacks, panic attacks. Fear. Obligation, Guilt. Worrying about joint custody. Worrying about being murdered.

I think each persons situation is individual, and I also think the person going through this is a really strong person. At times, I don't think they know how strong they are, but they are, they are living thru this, and they are survivors.

I would like to give credit to any person that is going through this. You are stronger then you think you are.

I for one, thank you.

(((((hugs)))))
amy

I think all of us at one time or the other have felt this.