Letters from rehab

Old 02-17-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yep. My assumption is mine will agree and have other choice words. I follow his advice.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A work in progress

One thing always to keep in mind is however "unfair" or "unreasonable" the law may seem (or even BE), the last thing you want is to hand your abuser a metaphorical loaded gun to use against you.

Except in the rare situations where breaking the law is absolutely necessary to prevent IMMINENT harm, it's best to find out what the law requires and follow it to the letter (and do whatever you can to mitigate any problems that may ensue). Being in the moral "right" isn't going to help much if you wind up being charged with a crime (like parental kidnapping) or appearing to disregard the court's orders, yourself (which damages your credibility and allows the abuser to appear reasonable and you to appear like the law-breaker, which may hinder your efforts to protect your children).
Old 02-17-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ok For, can I just tell you that this post made me sick to my stomach. I'm pissed!

Really???? Reading a letter to CHILDREN about their SICK dad. BIG NO. He's an ass and obviously only thinking about himself and what's good for him! I have a sneaky suspicion that this is somehow, somewhere down the line be turned around on something that will be your fault.
Your children do not need to know such things, they are children. Hell, I didn't tell my son about his dad's prescription drug use until just recently and that was because I had to, and he's 16 going on 17.
I know that you know the correct thing to do... Don't feel guilty not one smidge about it. You don't owe him anything!!
Ok.. I'm done ranting.
Big hug!!!!!!!!! BIG!
Ro
Old 02-17-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

^ he's trying to make it all my fault. He's the abuser, liar, manipulator, etc. Not me. I'm doing the right thing for them, not him.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Lexie-I'm not claiming anything to he unfair or breaking court orders or anything like that.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
Lexie-I'm not claiming anything to he unfair or breaking court orders or anything like that.
Oh, no--I wasn't suggesting for one minute that you were! It was just a general statement for the benefit of anyone who is ever tempted to do stuff like that (and believe me, I get the temptation!). It wasn't directed toward you, at ALL.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Okay!! Gotcha