Today of all days we need to remember....

Old 02-14-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today of all days we need to remember....

Love is an action, not a word. I saw a friends post about her hubby and it made me a little sentimental....she is a true honest woman not afraid to tell the truth-and her hubby is the same. Her post was about how they both came from broken families and suffered through anuse and addictions but together are letting God guide them away and always with each other. I thought that's what my marriage was going to be-two broken souls finding each other and letting God get us out. I didn't bargain for my ex making his mom and sister Gods, as well as alcohol, or turning into a violent abuser. Made me sad until I realized the following was so true and that what I thought was love was absolutely not. What I needed was real love-to love myself enough to say NO MORE:

"You are not your abuse.
You are not what they did to you.
You are not your trauma.

You Are the cleverness that survived.
You are the courage that escaped.
You are the power that hid and protected a tiny spark of your light.

You will fan that spark into a bonfire of rage and love, and with it you will burn all their lies to ash."

Yes!!!!
Old 02-15-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love the poem. I might add that 2 broken people looking to come together and heal together no longer seems romantic or loving to me but more like lucky and unusual!