Who I am

Old 02-07-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Who I am

I am first and foremost a child of God. I am not scared anymore to cover all lies-in truth, by the grace of God. I am healing. I am a warrior. I am a loving and honest mother that my children can rely on to lead them in the right direction and not enable improper behavior. I am soneone who has stood up to a whole alcoholic system and said NO MORE. I am a fighter, and a lover. I am a school momma go two amazing girls. I am a volunteer with some pretty awesome people. I am a runner and hopeful boxer (lots of practice lately!). I am a cook (who knew?!?) that loves preparing meals for my family. I am a gun owner and know how to shoot damn well. I am a broken person that has been healed by Jesus and His grace. I am fun-and spontaneous. I love spending time with my friends. I am a Lifetime movie addict. I am a book worm (as much as I can be!). I love hiking and doing anything outdoors. I am a mom that loves more than anything spending time with my little ones. I am someone that is convicted to not live in dysfunction and denial and excuses. I am a grown up and deal with all the yucky grown up things, and don't blame others. I am a very simple woman. I was so upset to find myself on this board years ago under a different username-but I was quickly humbled to all the things I needed to change-and consider myself a lucky soul to have found all of you. Truly. I am lucky to be alive with how I abused alcohol and what situations it got me into in the past. I am sober almost four years. I am someone that constantly tried to learn new and better ways to handle things, and I'm not stuck in unhealthy patterns. Im a former smoker. I'm no longer a fixer-I'm a listener and I steer clear of toxic relationships. The word NO has become a valuable tool. I am not afraid of letting down others to sacrifice nyself or my values. I value myself so very much now. I am valuable and will not stand for abuse against me or my children. I am loved. I am divorced-by the grace of God. Most importantly, I am guided by God's word and not other people's opinions. I trust Him with all that I am. I am a lover of homemade lemonade and baking cookies with my kiddos. I am addicted to Thai food and lately homemade hot chocolate. I am no longer afraid. I am a warrior momma.

If you had asked me who I was a couple of years ago, I don't think I would have been able to answer. I had no self esteem and questioned everything. I am glad to have grown into myself over the past few years and am even more excited to see what the future holds.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love that, FoG!!!
Boxing? Wow, that's pretty impressive!!
You rock and I'm so glad you are here!
Old 02-07-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

K-don't kid yourself. Boxing wannabe-but learning with a punching bag and gloves currently. someday, real classes!!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Love!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What an awesome post...thanks and GO YOU!!
Old 02-11-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

From Proverbs 31:25: "She is clothed in strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."
Old 02-11-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

^ yes...and along the lines of "I was once lost, but now I'm found". Thanks be to God. He knows my heart, my intentions and gives me strength.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Excellent post !! Hugs, you are a shining example of recovery !!