What forgiveness looks like to me

Old 02-06-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What forgiveness looks like to me

I'm commanded to forgive, by God, bc He forgave my sins-and contines to always forgive. Forgiveness to me means accepting what was and letting go-not fighting it any longer. But forgiveness does not mean I'm a doormat-I will not tolerate abuse against me or my children...period. In that forgiveness I've found a strength I never knew to own it-all of it-and tell the truth and expose all his lies and manipulation and abuse. I'll never stop protecting my kids and telling the truth, no matter what evil I face. I forgive my ex for choosing to follow the devil. I forgive him for what he's done-bc HE did it, I'm (and my kids) are just the recipient of his evil-evil that God will surely repay to him for abusing his wife and kids-the Bible is pretty clear about Gods wrath against an abuser and a wolf in sheep's clothing. But I forgive so I can move forward, away from him and his twisted self. Does this make sense?!
Old 02-06-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mark 8:36-what good is it to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their own soul.

Think I'm going to lean on God and His understanding rather than any earthly person. He's got me. Love y'all!
Old 02-19-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This act of forgiveness has been a very difficult step for me.

The dark part of me says I'd be fine rotting in hell if I could take my sibling with me.

But I also know I've spent the better part of my life in hell. Maybe I need to change it up a bit. Forgiveness is the way out. I'm going to read all I can get my hands on regarding forgiveness.

There are others in this world who have managed to forgive the seemingly unforgivable. I will draw on their strength as I summon the courage to offer up mine.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Forgiving the unforgivable-I too struggle with this. But I work at it daily-bc otherwise it just eats me up. Freedom comes with full forgiveness and acceptance of what was and what is.