Ugh! Facebook!

Old 02-06-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ugh! Facebook!

I was planning on having a good day when my feet hit the floor this morning. Awoke later than my usual, jumping out of bed like my hair is on fire 6:30am craziness. It's funny how that now I am no longer in that relationship I can actually sleep in instead of feeling anxious and awake. That's a good thing. Anyway, made myself a cup up coffee, let the dog out, flipped on my IPad and there it was!! Facebook kindly reminded me with a photograph of my ex and I cruising around the beach on his Harley 5 years ago today. There we are... Big smiles, having fun. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, I remember that day like it was yesterday. So much fun! If I would have only known, huh?
I'm going to try to shake that off and " get on with it ". I Guess I should be happy that there were good times too... Unfortunately for the most part i always remember the bad.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand. I actuslly got off of all social media when I separated. Too much to deal with!
Old 02-06-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am not a fan of Facebook. It's like high school but with more misrepresentation and passive aggression!

I don't look at photos of the past, in general. Too many memories that make me sad. One sober board I visit has as one of its tenets, "The past is gone forever," meaning we can't go back, we can't make it better, we can't change it. All we have is today.

And it sounds like you were all set to enjoy the heck out of your Saturday, so do just that!
Old 02-06-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep, I saw it too. Pictures of my DD23 college graduation. The whole damn family. I blocked him years ago so I don's usually get hit with a picture of him.

Hugs my friend, like an A said to me about a year ago "Its my opinion, that tossing me to the road was the best move she ever made for herself."
Old 02-06-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ugh yes, I have been there. But I also I find deleting pictures off my computer and Facebook to be very therapeutic.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I HATE IT when FB decides to do these things "for" you. Is there any way to turn that off? It's also automatically building a photo memory book for you and asks that you share it. I would have been glad to, except it included pics of my horrible, toxic A sister! It ruined MY day, too!
Old 02-06-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lilro View Post

I Guess I should be happy that there were good times too..
That is true
sometimes they just don't out weigh the bad.
It's tuff moving on.
M-Bob
Old 02-06-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had the same thing happen yesterday! It was a really sweet picture of my ex and me looking so in love. Facebook is awful. I only stay on there to keep in contact with my old classmates that I barely see. My ex blocked me (for no reason other than the fact he left me when I needed him most, felt too guilty to face me, and ran off with some new girl he hardly knows to get married)- so I can't see anything he posts anyway, but every now and then those memories pop up and I miss him like crazy.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know the feeling all too well! xoxo
Old 02-06-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When my XAH left I went off FB. One of the best things I did for myself. I think alot of image crafting goes on on FB of people showing what they want people to believe they are doing (their lives just look so wonderful, when you know it's not really that way). And anyone that I want to know about my life, knows about my life. I don't need to post it. Going off of FB was very liberating for me. And it freed up alot of time! What a time suck it was!
Old 02-06-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My Facebook (mobile and desktop) never gets those timehops or memory wall things everyone is talking about. I never have them in my newsfeed. My Facebook is on complete privacy lockdown, so perhaps the reason I don't get those in my newsfeed is that I've turned it off somehow? Does anyone know?
Old 02-06-2016, 11:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

A quick Google search showed this to turn off that feature:

https://recombu.com/digital/article/how-to-hide-timehop-from-facebook
Old 02-07-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you!!
Old 02-07-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good to know! The shoebox app is just as bad but at least those are emails that can be quickly deleted.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I remember once when we were waiting for someone to show up at our house. My wife told me that, "they had just posted on Facebook that they were on the boardwalk at the beach having bagels and coffee."
Busted
Give it all away on Facebook.
Mountainman
Old 02-08-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh! those.... remember this day notes from FB! I had a reminder like that last week, I couldn't believe it, I felt as if I had just let go of that awful memory (literally just let it go) and poof, there it was!

Stand your ground, be happy and go forward!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sorry for all the !! sometimes I get a little excited
Old 02-08-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I got off FB over two years ago. I was spending too much time on there.
I want drama now, I flip on TV and watch actors do it instead of seeing it on my wall.

I'm living a fantastic life and I don't feel the need to post it to the world
Old 02-08-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I've also been off facebook for a few years what would I post today anyway I'm outside hanging out with my Goats not too exciting and that the way I like my sober life Bob