100% spot on

Old 02-01-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

100% spot on

Just, yes....yes, yes....sums up everything perfectly.

https://selfcarehaven.wordpress.com/...ide-your-head/

This is my ex, to a T.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My ex in a nutshell-as he said himself during a drunk rage-"I can do whatever I want with my daughter, she's mine". (This after finding him drink and passed out in his boxers with her curled up on the floor-she was four years old). He views them as property. I didn't realize who he truly was, his true evil abusuve self, until he exposed himself and has continued to expose himself. I'm learning that the true him was the evil-just covered up with fake remorse, idealizations and sob stories of why he is the way he is. He abuses bc that's who he is. It's taken me so long to fully realize that-when you view a person as an object, not as someone with feelings that demand to be honored and heard, you will exploit, hurt and use them as a means to an end. Sick, yall. I know some of y'all will relate.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, and reading the comments it was clear that using the children to "get at" the ex is a very common tactic as well. I know that my entire custody case was about my ex taking his revenge on me for "abandoning" him. His wife actually used that word when she testified. And in the next breath said that she should thank me because he's the best thing that's ever happened to her. I almost threw up in my mouth when she said that. Really? Someone you've known since he was 9 years old, who called you Aunt up until two years ago when you married him is the "best thing that ever happened to you?" Thankfully the judge was also grossed out and her testimony ended up hurting more than it helped.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep...all the same things for my ex.

Amazing after you're out how easily these type things make sense to us now.

My ex....and the harem thing....OMG to a T.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fits my xAH whose alcoholism was the least of his issues, to a T!