The craziness abounds!

Old 09-15-2004, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The craziness abounds!

I'm at work and I get a call from my ex AH who preceeds to tell me he is driving around listening to Country music (which really means he is doing just what he says but is also DRINKING!) and asks me if he needed me to come get him would I. I'm so sure, is this not the craziest? Now I'm worried that something bad will happen and I can't reach him on his cell (he's turned it off). Yes, he is my ex but we were married for 15 years and have 3 children and I can't help but be extremely concerned. What if he calls and is drunk somewhere out in the middle of nowhere and he calls me to come get him. I will feel guilty if I don't and he harms someone (ie, auto accident) or himself (ie, anything else) he's acted suicidal in the past. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((inthelight))))))

Prayers going out for you. Try not to feel guilty it is not your fault!!!
Old 09-15-2004, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

inthelight: My ex AB only calls me when he is in some kind of distress - i.e. fight with boss, cut his hand - had to go to the hospital for stitches, lonely, etc. Does your ex do this to you? I'm tired of being important only when he has needs. I've told him that and I no longer feel guilty about it.

Take care of yourself - there is no need to feel guilty about it - this is his doing.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh, how I know how you feel. Only my AH has NEVER called me to come and get him. That would mean admitting that he had been drinking, which he would NEVER do unless he was caught red-handed. There have been more times than I can count that I have been so worried that I have gone to where he was and followed him home, without his knowledge. I am still married to my AH and we have two small children. I understand the worry. If it were me, yes, I would get him, out of concern for every INNOCENT person on the road he may harm. That's completely just me, though. It is probably me being an enabler, not allowing him to mess up.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Oh gee...we aren't so different. That is when my son calls too. When he needs something. Personally I am tired of the drama...

Hugs,
JT