Hi Y'all!

Old 01-27-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Y'all!

Well...things are certainly DIFFERENT 'round here!!! And I thank God everyday for the many blessings!

I spent the last many months trying to figure out who I am, what I want to do, healing, etc. I can't say all has been conquered, but I'm in a very, very good place. I can't remember the last time I've had such peace and happiness!

Lets see...I went on my first long Harley ride with a gentleman and his daughter over the summer...that was SOO much fun! My butt hurt, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I'm still seeing Mr. Harley -- he is amazing and treats me so well it's been hard to get use to...I'm getting use to it though..lol! My own expectations of how I should be treated as well as how Mr. Harley does have the bar set very high for anyone who thinks they will be an important part of my personal life.

I'm currently in real estate school and it is interesting and enjoyable. Tomorrow I meet with a broker to interview for his firm as well as so I can interview him and what his firm has to offer; there are several to choose from and I want to be choosy. I'm so excited about the prospect of this new chapter in my life. I haven't held a "job" other than housewife/homeschool mom in 18 years! I've put a lot of thought into this decision and I believe I will be one of those lucky ones who actually enjoys her work.

Two of my sons live with me during the week, but stay with their dad on the weekend. The difficult son is still difficult and won't speak to me or look at me when I'm near. That's ok. What he doesn't realize is that while I do love him and miss him, things are peaceful without his chaos. He thinks he is punishing me, but nothing could be further from the truth. I'm happy. It's all ok.

Saying thank you doesn't quite cut it for all the support I've been given here. I am where I'm at because you all cared -- Thank you!!

Much love and hugs!!
Old 01-27-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Katchie!!!!!!!! Just awesome. So glad to see you back and hear you are happy
Old 01-27-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, Katchie! Glad you're finding your own happiness, growth and healing.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Katchie....as I read this post...It is amazing to imagine that this is the same woman whose posts I used to read a couple of years ago!
I am so, so, so happy for you.....I rooted so hard for y ou......You were so determined and worked sooo hard.
I have a lo t of admiration and respect for you....

for anyone who is reading this, and is discouraged and down in despair...go and read Katchie's threads for a big dose of inspiration that you can prevail......

Do keep us appraised of your continuing journey.....

On a Harley......who knew???

dandylion
Old 01-27-2016, 10:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So good to hear all the good news Katchie!!!
Old 01-27-2016, 11:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So nice to hear all that Katchie! You are an inspiration
Old 01-28-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just love hearing this! Congrats on Mr. Harley, your job, and your life. RAH bought a Road Star last Spring and I am still getting used to it LOL.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

What a FANTASTIC, happy update! Go YOU!
Old 01-28-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Best. Post. Ever!!!

I can't believe how far you've come in this last year Katchie, your growth has been inspiring!! Congrats, you have earned every bit of these happy moments.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hearing about how happy you are makes me so happy because I want to feel like that one day,I just want to feel happy again and enjoy life like I use to,I remember loving the smell of nature in the morning and for the first time in years its like my nose opened up for the first time,the air smelled so fresh I told my bf I wish they could make an airfreshener that smelled like nature,you and others on her give me a lot if hope,I couldnt really figure out how to read people's questions or even aksk one at first,I think if I would've figured it out sooner I would've never relapsed because you guys are very inspirational,helpful,kind and no doubt honest,I hope you continue to feel this way for years and years

stepfanie!!!
Old 01-28-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobriety26 View Post
hearing about how happy you are makes me so happy because I want to feel like that one day,I just want to feel happy again and enjoy life like I use to,I remember loving the smell of nature in the morning and for the first time in years its like my nose opened up for the first time,the air smelled so fresh I told my bf I wish they could make an airfreshener that smelled like nature,you and others on her give me a lot if hope,I couldnt really figure out how to read people's questions or even aksk one at first,I think if I would've figured it out sooner I would've never relapsed because you guys are very inspirational,helpful,kind and no doubt honest,I hope you continue to feel this way for years and years

stepfanie!!!
It is possible, you will get there with a lot of hard work and determination. Whichever side of the aisle we are on, looking in the mirror is a hard thing, something I couldn't have done without my Higher Power and those HP works thru on this site and thru other organizations such as Alanon, CR, and AA.

Keep up the hard work, it is SOOOOO worth it!
Old 01-28-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Such wonderful news. I'm so happy for you, Katchie!
Old 01-28-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Katchie, it's so good to hear from you, and hear you doing so well!

XXX
Old 01-28-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh this makes my heart so happy to hear! Thanks Katchie, what a great update!
Old 01-28-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Katchie, I m so happy to hear from you and that you are doing so good.
Thank you a bunch for the update not only it's way cool to hear that your life is good but it also gives the newcomers some hope that there is light out there at the end of the tunnel
Old 01-28-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yes, this is great Katchie! Thank you for sharing!