Today's Thought 9/14 - Serenity

Old 09-14-2004, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Today's Thought 9/14 - Serenity

Serenity

Your body is tense. Your face is somber and serious, ready to deliver the news. You may be slightly breathless. There's a crisis. It may be real. Or it may be self-created.

Like an audience in a sports arena, we watch the events of life or even The Weather Channel drumming up reactive responses. Fear. Sometimes panic. Oh my God, what if.

I called my daughter in this frame of mind one morning, ready to report on the latest current event in my life. I barely had three words out of my mouth when she interrupted me.

You're talking in your drama-addiction tone.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." I've probably said this prayer out loud a thousand times, and silently twice that amount. It's called the Serenity Prayer, not the Courage Prayer, not the Wisdom Prayer. That is because, no matter what were doing, before we receive courage or wisdom, serenity needs to come first.

I recall talking to a friend during the height of my drama-addition years. If possible, he thrived on drama more than I. We were discussing our problem with drama addiction and possible solutions.

"When I think about living without drama, everything just seems so plain, so boring," I said.

"I know," he said. "I'm just not sure I'm ready to let that addiction go."

Value: Serenity is the value for this week. Don't panic. And if we do, we can make it a priority to calm ourselves before we do anything else.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I've Taken My Life Back!!

BRAVO!!! * whislte Whislte* standing ovation!
Good post!! very intutitive!!
(((((((((((((PETUNIA)))))))))))))))))
Old 09-14-2004, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Eveie.

Ohh I wish this was my own....however for now I only repost them - someday I hope to be healthy enough think them up myself!

Peace,
Petunia
Old 09-14-2004, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just what I needed today. Thank you!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This post is great and very timely for me! I've been working on creating peace for me despite my AH. He's been sober 7 days (YEAH!) and I am learning on how to be quiet instead of reacting...funny thing, now that I am quiet instead of reacting, my AH thinks there is something wrong with me (I've never been asked so many times "Are you okay?"). Never realized how much I reacted before.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I've Taken My Life Back!!

Another Bravo for Petunia!

Hi Petunia!
The BRAVO and standing ovation was for YOU!!
No matter WHERE you got the post, it still goes out to you for your courage to get it, grab it, read it, and then post it here!
BRAVO again!
Love and Light to you!