alcoholic girlfriend won't leave/threat to self

Old 07-10-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Holy Cow!

I just read all 8 pages of this thread and just wow. It's like when you got the basement of her crazy you found she had an underground crazy garage.

I'm not even going through that kind of mess and I'm frustrated and angry for you.

I am so sorry. I hope this nightmare is over for you very soon.

After all this I'd be surprised if you ever let anyone live with you again.

*hugs*
Old 07-10-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alwayscovering View Post
Holy Cow!

I just read all 8 pages of this thread and just wow. It's like when you got the basement of her crazy you found she had an underground crazy garage.

I'm not even going through that kind of mess and I'm frustrated and angry for you.

I am so sorry. I hope this nightmare is over for you very soon.

After all this I'd be surprised if you ever let anyone live with you again.

*hugs*
I hear you AC. Many of the stories on SR make loneliness, sexual frustration and celibacy seem like lots and lots of fun!

TJG, are you looking into monasteries?!?

(Honestly I hope your situation is improving and you are growing in health, healing and wisdom everyday)
Old 07-10-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Thank y'all for the kind words.

I never knew evenings at home could be so peaceful.

About 3 weeks away from being able to move back into my house. Not sure I want to, too many bad memories. Looking into making it a rental property and moving a bit closer to work (also a more fun part of town for a young single guy)

I'm amazed at how some health problems of mine have gone away. Used to have terrible heartburn that's gone now that I'm not drinking red wine and doing shots all the time. Losing weight too and feel much less bloated.

I still have a drink or two on occasion when I'm out with friends but it's nice to having someone try to force you to keep up with them.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Arraignment pushed back AGAIN. Friend at the da's office saying this could go on for a year plus.

Between that and getting passed over for a promotion this week has sucked.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Woah! Such a full on story! I'm so glad you've been able to get free, what a terrifying experience. Heres to better days, TJG!
Old 07-21-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

I am so sorry Txjeepguy

Why is it being pushed back? I know the system can be pretty clogged up
Old 07-21-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Expanding View Post
I am so sorry Txjeepguy

Why is it being pushed back? I know the system can be pretty clogged up
Most likely that.., they really aren't communicating with me much
Old 07-21-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Txjeepguy View Post

About 3 weeks away from being able to move back into my house. Not sure I want to, too many bad memories. Looking into making it a rental property and moving a bit closer to work (also a more fun part of town for a young single guy)
I can understand ya wanting to do this. just PLEASE!! if you do rent it out, have a very strict screening process. I have heard some pretty unbelievable horror stories from landlords.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Hang in there TJG...
Old 07-22-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the pushback, and the loss of promotion at work.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I find it very weird that the ARRAIGNMENT has been postponed this long. Most arraignments happen right after charges are filed (though if there has been some other proceeding in the meantime, such as a grand jury proceeding or something, there is sometimes an additional arraignment for the indictment). But yes, criminal proceedings at the felony level (which I'm imagining it is at this point) can take a very long time, unless there is a plea agreement along the way. The one good thing about criminal court, though, is that you generally don't have to show up for everything. You have the RIGHT to be there, but you don't HAVE to be there. I'd suggest you keep in close contact with the prosecutor to make sure they know you are still interested, and willing/able to go forward in the case, and to double-check that your presence isn't required. And just let that process play out without holding your breath.

Sorry about the promotion--it's disappointing when those things happen, but sometimes something even better comes along. Been my experience, anyway.

Hang in there, dude.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

My friend in the DA's office told me it's fairly normal here, and not to hold my breath for anything to happen soon.

Dusting myself off today and moving forward on a few things I've been putting off hoping this would all be resolved first. Can't keep putting my life on hold.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this has been holding you back and stressing you out, but thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the peace of your life now.

A county employee out here was arrested over 2 years ago and charged with various felonies related to taking bribes. He finally entered a guilty plea back in May (25 months after his arrest), and won't be sentenced until September (28 months after his arrest). The wheels of justice can indeed turn VERY slowly. Hang in there!
Old 07-22-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I am going to offer support on renting. I have an occasional bad tenant, but not often. Background checks and hands on landlord are key to them working.

Good income, yet they lose money on paper come tax time.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Quick not much of an update but still an update

Contractor took his sweet time finishing, house wasn't in a condition to show until the day I had to move out of the insurance provided apartment.

So now I'm back there while we try to get a renter. Been having trouble sleeping there. And I forgot how awful the commute is... All just reinforcing my decision to rent it out.

Next week I've got a business trip to Vegas followed by seeing my parents in Idaho for Labor Day weekend. Will be nice to get out of town again.

Her arraignment date is now at the end of the month, going into it assuming it will get pushed back again so I'm not disappointed.