Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 1

Old 02-22-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Grateful we are starting soccer again. Soccer days are the best
Old 02-22-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post
Love your story, Wisconsin! Don't know, but it brings back hope in humanity. Isn't it great when you meet people like that, and they are just genuine in what they do? I do not have any gentlemen friends, but there is this really old neighbor that loves talking to me, and really cares. No sneaky motives on his side. Just a decent person who went through a lot in life and loves to share a story with you now and then. And it so warms my heart.

So happy for you!
HA, that is how my boss is. And honestly, he played a big part in restoring MY faith in humanity during my early recovery. I started my current job literally as STBXAH's world was falling apart and his abusiveness escalated significantly. My boss is just such a sincere, kind-hearted person, and I really needed that at that time. I'm glad you have someone in your life like that.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Every morning I make a point of being grateful that I woke up. Today, I'm grateful for technology and that I can access this trove of wisdom and recovery whenever I need/want it.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Grateful for a huge breakfast today.
Grateful for dreams.
Grateful that it's trash day.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Grateful for the sea of dog poop revealed by the melting snow, b/c if there was no poop, that would mean I didn't have dogs, and that would be beyond terrible!
Old 02-23-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

This morning I watched the sun's early rays trying to poke through the murky clouds & rain. I watched the places where the sun managed to penetrate - columns of light against the dark cloud backdrop, stark & beautiful.

It reminded me of my father's favorite post-recovery saying & I have NO clue where he got it from. "It takes a little sunshine and a little rain to create a rainbow - without both you can't have that beautiful ending." He used this analogy to remind us during the bad times that sometimes the bad helps us to better appreciate the good. And that darkness is only ever temporary because eventually the sun WILL come out.

Happy Tuesday Everyone, whether it's raining or shining for you today!
Old 02-23-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

FS, I love your father's saying ^^, and it is right on track w/the reading in "Today's Hope" today! I'll get it posted ASAP.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I JUST read that, 2 seconds ago, honeypig, LOL!

I'm also happy that today was Day #1 of RAH & DD taking on DDP's yoga challenge. DD had been pushing him, gently, but gave up after he showed no desire. Then her encouragement became curiosity.... & she kept asking him why he could see & recognize how it helped others SO much but felt that it wasn't going to help him, even though his doctor recommended exercise? (She's a big fan of DDP's poster-child, Arthur Boorman in addition to my exposing her to more traditional yoga.)

It's been hard biting my tongue & staying out of this & she's been less-than-satisfied with my answers that this is all way outside of her hula hoop & we can't know why this is the way he chooses to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIXOo8D9Qsc

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/17/ma...yoga.html?_r=0
Old 02-23-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Grateful for having dreams again. And they do not involve my ex or a relationship or a prince on a white horse.

I would love to have a piece of land of my own and build a house. It can be one of those manufactured homes. Then I would make my own garden and grow my own food. And my dog would have a job of being a guard dog.

Finally something to dream about and work for!
Old 02-23-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

FireSprite, I stumbled across that video of Arthur some time ago and will never forget it. I remember the point at which he is walking towards the camera, then breaks into a run, this man who couldn't walk unaided at the start of the video--I just burst into tears, it was so intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448 This was the particular video I had seen of him. The music is kind of a nice touch, I thought.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

HP, I LOVE Arthur's story. I have watched it so many times, and I still get choked up every. single. time. I saw this similar story recently, and I loved it, too.

Severely Obese Man Loses Hundreds Of Pounds With Yoga - Viral Viral Videos

I think these stories speak to me so much because my own mother struggled with extreme morbid obesity, and ultimately died from it. For years she was resigned to her "fate," and was just waiting to die. It always lifts my heart to see people fighting back against it, and LIVING.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Every morning I make a point of being grateful that I woke up.
LOVE this, Stung. That's really the long and short of this all, isn't it?!

Grateful for busy evenings - every night this week. I need to pull out of my reclusive funk.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Grateful for a compliment from a stranger. I DO have pretty eyes
Old 02-24-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Love reading these this morning! Grateful for all the gratefulness shared

I've been feeling really good the last couple of months, overall, really positive, and very blessed.

**** still happens, but I just have a stronger belief that it will all work out the way it's supposed to, and that it's all an opportunity to grow and recover.

Feeling calm and at peace, and I'm so thankful to all of you for helping me get to this point!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post

It reminded me of my father's favorite post-recovery saying & I have NO clue where he got it from. "It takes a little sunshine and a little rain to create a rainbow - without both you can't have that beautiful ending." He used this analogy to remind us during the bad times that sometimes the bad helps us to better appreciate the good. And that darkness is only ever temporary because eventually the sun WILL come out.
Love that, FireSprite
Old 02-24-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Doing a mega happy dance that my final restorative dental appointment for the year was this morning, and aside from my cleaning this fall, I am DONE. I used my $3,000 annual benefit maximum in 2015 AND 2016 to get all my restorative work done. I have weak tooth enamel, which despite generally good at-home dental care meant that skipping the dentist for anything but emergency care and the very occasional cleaning for 10 years left me with two dozen cavities, ranging from very small to super icky. Everything is officially fixed and filled, and I am deeply relieved. I'm sure my teeth have not been fully cavity-free for a decade. I still have an implant to get, but that will wait until 2017, and shouldn't be too bad pain-wise, because I already have the bone graft to support it. I am told that the insertion of the implant is a cake walk compared to the extraction and bone graft that preceded it.

The dentist is my irrational crazy fear. When I was first practicing law, I was lucky enough to find a very gentle, fantastic dentist. But then I relocated, and ever since my care has been spotty. Add to that the fact that STBXAH was never exactly supportive or compassionate about my fear, and often made fun of it in subtle ways, and getting all of this stuff taken care of has actually been a huge part of my emotional recovery. I'm not going to lie--I needed nitrous oxide to make it through the 4.5 hours over two appointments to fix the last 13 cavities this month. But at least I didn't call and cancel/reschedule the appointments 50 times. And my night-before anxiety was definitely not as severe as in the past.

I'm also grateful for a quiet evening ahead with DS. We are doing a few loads of laundry, and I got the grocery shopping done earlier today and everything is put away.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Oh, Wisconsin, I am SO with you on the dental thing. I've had periodontal problems since I was in my early 20s, had full mouth gum surgery 3 times, multiple extractions, braces, implants, etc., and after each grueling round I was so sick of it I avoided it until it was back to crisis proportions. I'm finally trying to get back on my own health tracks, including another round with the dentist, who has warned me this may be my last chance to save the natural teeth I have left. I have a horror of the thought of dentures, so it will be implants for me. I've had a few, and really they aren't bad in terms of pain (except to the pocketbook!).
Old 02-24-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Yes indeed, my annual dental benefit is enough to basically cover one implant a year. I actually have three extracted teeth at this point, but two of them are not noticeable at all. The third is only a little noticeable when I smile very widely. That's the one we'll do next year. My hope is that in lieu of root canals and crowns, I can replace a tooth in that condition with an implant. We'll see how it all plays out. One of my molars that was filled this time around will be a candidate for that if it gets any worse...

I have been so impressed by your commitment to your health lately, Lexie. It's a reminder to me to keep focused on the same things.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Grateful for eating well. It looks like I am getting my pounds back. Grateful for giving my dog a bath. He jumped in a pond today, or in mud, to be more precise. I let him enjoy himself. Now he smells like flowers and is all fluffy.

Grateful for moving forward.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Grateful I remembered to put my head on today-and my heels. Good Lord this has been a week-and it's only Wednesday!! Grateful that tomorrow is Thursday. That's all, folks.