Missing him...

Old 01-12-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Many women are now freezing their eggs for use later....

dandylion
Old 01-12-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Freezing eggs or even adoption. Possibilities are always out there.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nowinsituation View Post
Wow, read through both of those. So powerful. The same pattern as my X, showering me with attention at the beginning of the relationship; declaring his love early on (before he really could have known me well at all), then suddenly deciding years later that he didn't like my personality at all..... and was showering all his attention and affection on others.

Right now I am remember the love and attention phase, and not the cold, distant, rejection phase....
This might be a little easier for me if my ex would have been more of a jerk when we were together. He honestly was never mean to me- never physically or verbally abusive. He always said how much he loved me and how I was the best thing that ever happened to me. So, it was a total shock for me to find out he was moving on without me...through a picture on Facebook...and that's when he turned into a complete a**!!! I never thought he'd be capable of such cruelty. It just shows he isn't working on recovery at all- he only avoids.

Funny thing is that I don't hate him. Of course I'm angry, but I don't hate him. I dislike the new girl quite a bit because she claims she knows all about his issues and about me, but doesn't seem to care. I wrote her an email after my ex went radio silent for months because she seemed to be the only one who knew if he was okay. I told her about our relationship and what happened with us. About a month later, they were headed to Florida and engaged. She sure made that happen quickly! Sometimes I wonder if that was because of my email, but I can't blame myself. They probably would have moved anyway.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post

But all I can say is that I am focusing on myself now. I am alone, but I do not miss having a guy around. I feel like I am not ready, and I do not trust men and their "intentions." And there are so many things that fulfill me. I am rediscovering myself after 10 years. I started painting again and find pleasure in simple things. Life is good at the moment. That's what matters most.
Thank you, healthyagain.

I've been trying to focus on myself, as well. I bought a condo in September and painted the whole thing myself. I put all my energy into that for a while and am so proud of my acomplishment. It feels so good to show it off and be able to say "I did this!"

I recently bought a piano, too! I have my degrees in music and it's been a few years since I had an actual piano to play. It feels wonderful to play again. Who knows...maybe some great songs will come out of my heartbreak.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great songs DO come from heartbreak! I know, I've written a few...some for my own heartbreak and some from the heartbreak of people in my life. When two of my sisters were going through divorce I came up with a great song that was well received! Sorta sad what inspired it and their divorces DID sadden me, but there was nothing I could do to prevent or stop those divorces..it was really hard to watch them go through that and watch their kids be stuck in the middle...so sad....Both of those sisters are fairly heavy drinkers still today and are in complete denial about it...the two of them got into a barroom brawl last year...ugly-I wasn't there, but the whole family felt the pain...how could you not?
Old 01-13-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

ad- just wanted to say that I completely understand how you feel and your words are exactly what I have felt for the last 5 months. It gets better but the confusion and complete shock makes it hard to really move forward. I think it's normal for complete lack of comprehension of the situation to keep you feeling stuck. It's only human to ask why- and try and make sense of it.

I too only saw the good- until it all went horribly wrong overnight and that person becomes a stranger where they were once your closest friend.
People will tell you there is no making sense of it and acceptance is the only way forward. I guess it's true, but it doesn't make it any easier. You will get there in your own time. That's what I am hoping/telling myself anyway!
Old 01-14-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ally89 View Post
ad- just wanted to say that I completely understand how you feel and your words are exactly what I have felt for the last 5 months. It gets better but the confusion and complete shock makes it hard to really move forward. I think it's normal for complete lack of comprehension of the situation to keep you feeling stuck. It's only human to ask why- and try and make sense of it.

I too only saw the good- until it all went horribly wrong overnight and that person becomes a stranger where they were once your closest friend.
People will tell you there is no making sense of it and acceptance is the only way forward. I guess it's true, but it doesn't make it any easier. You will get there in your own time. That's what I am hoping/telling myself anyway!
Thank you, Ally. It's definitely gotten better, but you are absolutely right about the confusion making it so difficult to get past it. I can relate to everything you said, especially your closest friend becoming a stranger overnight. It sure hurts like crazy, doesn't it?