SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Life's strange coincidences (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/382606-lifes-strange-coincidences.html)

Thomas45 01-08-2016 04:56 PM

Life's strange coincidences

January 12th will mark one full year to the day that I took my own life and was brought back to life, beyond all odds. I've come a long way since that cold morning, and I'm glad I'm still around. That has been on my mind a lot since the new year, thinking about how much effort it took to recover from the mental and physical trauma.

So you can imagine my surprise when I passed by a church that has a scrolling billboard beside the road as I was driving home from work today, and on the sign, it said: "Celebrate recovery Jan 12. Where do we go after we die?"

The universe sure directs us in weird ways sometimes.

Bekindalways 01-08-2016 05:13 PM

Welcome to 2016 Thomas! And may whatever pain caused the attempt, be gone or at least somewhat gone. Thanks for staying. God bless you.

LexieCat 01-08-2016 05:14 PM

Yup, glad you're still in the game, dude.

Hawkeye13 01-08-2016 06:18 PM

You are surely here to do some worthy things.
Happy Anniversary of your rebirth and healing Thomas. . .

Liveitwell 01-08-2016 07:01 PM

Wow. Happy you are here, Thomas. Happy re birthday!

redatlanta 01-09-2016 04:32 AM

I remember your story.......I call those types messages love notes. Glad you made it back that day!

Lilro 01-09-2016 06:24 AM

Good Morning Thomas,
I just read your story... Glad you made it through. Seems to me as if you have plenty to teach others....
Happy Re-Birthday!!!! Life is Good.
Ro

Refiner 01-09-2016 08:24 AM

God has plans for you! So glad you didn't get your way, Thomas! You've provided so much to others just here on SR!

Praying 01-09-2016 08:33 AM

Thomas, you gave me chills today. God most definitely has plans for you and the world is a better place with you here! Hugs to you as your birthday approaches. I hope you snapped a picture of that sign to keep...print it off and hang it somewhere...

53500 01-09-2016 08:41 AM

I'm also glad you are here, Thomas!

HoldOnLoosely 01-09-2016 12:15 PM

I remember your story too. I remember thinking of the strength and courage it must have taken to share your story. I admired your bravery.

I hope you continue to find joy, happiness ...and life's strange coincidences. Did you take a picture of it? There are plans for you in this life. Keep on keeping on...

walkinganewpath 01-09-2016 05:43 PM

I can't recall where but I heard not too long ago that coincidences like that are your Higher Power's way of acting anonymously

Kboys 01-12-2016 08:58 AM

Wow, thanks for sharing, Thomas!
I just read your first thread from last year... I had missed it the first time around.
What an amazing story!
Glad you're here... I always appreciate your posts.