I made it through the holidays

Old 01-03-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I made it through the holidays

I am so glad that the holidays are over. The kids did pop in here and there and I would of liked to see them more, however I think I have accepted the fact that they are moved out and want to move on. I have decided to send some of their stuff with them when they come over. I will only do a little at a time for now, but later I will start sending more stuff.

DD1 is being a pain and don't want to come over and will not take any of her stuff, says to throw it away, no way she has caused many issues by doing this then she tells her dad I got rid of it and then all of a sudden I have to replace what is gone, if that is the case, often I had things packed away and was accused of getting rid of it. So I do not want to store her stuff and I will not trash it or give it to good will. (some of it is really good stuff) still working on a solution for this issue.

I was right that the ex in laws and the ex keep them so busy that they did not have a lot of time for me. I am glad I keep that expectation. However it seems like every time I plan something they decide to say they are coming over. I feel a bit like a puppet because they won't give a time or an agenda, so I end up giving up plans for them. I am working on this and trying to figure out how to handle it.

Ex moved to the town I grew up in and I'm sure I probably know 1/2 his neighbors. Not sure how I should feel about this. Lol I do not understand his reasoning for moving there because he always hated his drive to work from here and living there adds a bunch more time on his drive.

well this is my vent of the week.

Happy New Year!! May all of you find piece this coming year!

Cricket
Old 01-03-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

put it in storage, pay a month, give her the key

focus on yourself this coming year cricket and enjoy your life
Old 01-03-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
put it in storage, pay a month, give her the key

focus on yourself this coming year cricket and enjoy your life
Exactly the advice I was going to give. Be sure to mail key and storage info certified, return receipt or fedex, etc.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Just a reminder, if you do that, the storage place has a contract with YOU, not with the person whose stuff you are putting there. If they don't pay up, sure, the storage place can get rid of it (eventually) but in the meantime the storage company can come after YOU for the fees, possibly resulting in a civil judgment and/or a ding to your credit.

I'd ask a lawyer for advice. I suspect you are free to get rid of whatever you don't want to keep after giving her reasonable opportunity to move it. This reluctance to be the "bad guy" is keeping you stuck doing all KINDS of things you no longer have any obligation to do just for the sake of trying to make happy a bunch of people who will continue to take advantage of you.

Backbone time!
Old 01-03-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lexie is right about the charges--maybe box it up, put it on your porch,
send her an email with a deadline and CC exhusband.

That way everyone knows when the stuff has to be out.
He can come get it if he feels that strongly about her having it