It all caught up with me...

Old 01-04-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

((((Hugs)))))
Yes... I definitely believe it's necessary to have a good cry sometimes.
Yesterday I got my thumb stuck in the dang broken junk drawer that AH kept saying he was going to fix but never did, and it really hurt...
but not enough to cause me to cry normally... but yesterday I guess I needed a good cry too, because I let the tears fall after that happened....and it felt good.
Hope you're having a good Monday, FoG
Love ya
Old 01-04-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm a big fan of a good cry myself. I cry for ANY emotion that gets overwhelming..... joy, sadness, fury, whatever. I'm pretty sensitive empathically so if I connect strongly to something someone else is feeling, I'm feeling it too.

It's one of the ways that my body physically purges those emotions so I've stopped fighting it. I've read that the body purges the excess hormones through your tears- which is why you literally feel better after a good cry, and also why you can't just chop up an onion to induce a crying fit to force it out of your system.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks, friends y'all are the best!
Old 01-04-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just sending hugs to all of you.

I still tear up sometimes...when DS went to homecoming this year...as he's learning to drive...to shave...first girlfriend...all these things his dad is missing out on and doesn't seem to care about...

I'm sad on behalf of my sons who don't get to share any of that with their dad.

So it still comes in waves at times even 3-4 years later--but infrequently and in its own context.

But they've got s kick butt mom!!! I overheard DS talking to a friend the other day about building a computer and said- yeah, my mom can do that. Friend challenged him and he started listing all the things I can do alone and said it would be no problem...made me smile. They might be missing a dad, but they're learning all about strong women.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

FS-which now makes total sense as to why we women cry more at that time of the month....it's hormones!! I too cry whenever any emotion is running in overload-it's definitely my release.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

FOG....cry and release!

I hadn't cried in months! I've had sad moments where I wanted to cry so bad but nothing would come out!

Then on New Year's Day it all caught up with me too...

I cried and I bawled...I cried because I was angry that my family was torn apart, I cried because I remembered all the hurtful things said, all the denial, the blame shifting, the projection and the anger of not being able to control any of it. Watching the couples hug and kiss and the families that are still together, tell each other "happy new year"! It hurt so bad but I think I released the last of it.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I think a lot of my crying had to do with realizing all we had together was fake-I don't think it was real. At least that's where my heart is now-nobody that loves another treats them the way he's treated me or his daughter. He is a phony. I thought we were so damn good together-and would grow old together and raise our kids as Gods humble servants...but I think the entire ten years was a lie as he is not who he holds himself out to be-has no integrity. I was sold a pack of lies by a little boy. That's a big reason I cried. And I cried for his family that has no clue they're keeping him sick....and I cried for the awful things he has done and what he will continue to do. Most of all I cried and prayed for him-bc from one broken person to another, we all need Jesus to fill our brikeness! Cried for all of it and it felt wonderful cleansed since then....
Old 01-06-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Crying is healthy in my opinion. It lets the hurt out.

Many hugs!
Old 01-06-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks-hugs to you, too, friend.