start as you mean to go on

Old 12-23-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

start as you mean to go on

They lie, they tell you what you want to hear, they panic when they think you've rumbled them, they get lazier with the hiding and then they get nasty when you find them out.
I went back to my abf after 18 months apart believing his desire to stay sober after I told him i couldn't be with him if he was drinking. This was 5 months ago. Then little signs started happening, then more...
What has saved me is my journal. I wrote honestly in there and reading back over it all the evidence is there.
I'm so disgusted with him I've blocked him on all messaging things and never want him in my life again. Toxic.
I feel much happier and have learnt a lot about myself these past 3 years. I'm thankful for those lessons. Never ignore your gut feeling and never keep it in.
So today I'm stepping into a new future that keeps toxicity out and lets good things in.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wholelottarosie View Post
They lie, they tell you what you want to hear, they panic when they think you've rumbled them, they get lazier with the hiding and then they get nasty when you find them out.
I went back to my abf after 18 months apart believing his desire to stay sober after I told him i couldn't be with him if he was drinking. This was 5 months ago. Then little signs started happening, then more...
What has saved me is my journal. I wrote honestly in there and reading back over it all the evidence is there.
I'm so disgusted with him I've blocked him on all messaging things and never want him in my life again. Toxic.
I feel much happier and have learnt a lot about myself these past 3 years. I'm thankful for those lessons. Never ignore your gut feeling and never keep it in.
So today I'm stepping into a new future that keeps toxicity out and lets good things in.
Good for you!!

I just started keeping a journal a few weeks ago. I wish I had started years ago...
Old 12-23-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Rosie...I could have written your post!!

I'm with Ya girl.... Let's go...
Old 12-23-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dimndaruf View Post
Good for you!!

I just started keeping a journal a few weeks ago. I wish I had started years ago...
It's like the book of truth
Old 12-23-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

glad you are free at last rosie--he had every chance to make good
enjoy a happy and drama-free holiday with your kids
Old 12-23-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is a great post-it's absolutely accurate. When they are exposed , they get even more abusive. Totally start a journal...but be forewarned that abusers will blame you keeping a journal of facts and truths as the problem-not their actual actions. And most likely will make up total untruths about you and fabricate all kinds of stories just to supprt their delusions. Btdt. Toxic messed up people....I suddenly feel the need to take a shower and scrub myself clean just thinking about the dysfunction I got out of-made me sick to my stomach most of the time.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas without the toxic people stealing your peace-I'm right there with you girl celebrate your freedom!!! God bless and peace to you tonight
Old 12-24-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Rosie, you've got your head screwed on right. Have a very happy Christmas and be content you've dodged a bullet.