Resources for Abuse

Old 12-22-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Resources for Abuse

We have a sticky up top "About Abuse" but I just had to look up a couple of resources for work that I think are worth passing along.

One is the National DV Hotline's website. We often post the phone number for the hotline, but the website has a wealth of information, including a "chat now" feature if you'd rather chat with an advocate online than on the phone.

The other is the website for the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. If you click under "get help" you will find a ton of great resources, including safety planning strategies, and a whole section on what to do if you have pets.

As always, please be VERY careful in your use of a computer to get help. Any device that the abuser has access to may tip him/her off that you are seeking help. Best to use a password-protected device ONLY, and preferably one to which the abuser does not have access.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks, I added those links to the stickies. Any other links that you think are useful just PM me or add them to this thread and I will update the stickies.

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 12-22-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Thanks, Mike. LOL, I have more links than I know what to do with. One of these days I'll try to compile a list of current helpful resources. These were just a couple I happened to pull up for work today.