Divorce

Old 12-17-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorce

Hey guys, long time no speak! Hope everyone is going ok... I haven't been around much, probably because everything is going well and because I've been so busy with work and baby Maybear.
In Feb, it will be a year since my husband and I separated. We were texting the other day, I reached out to him regarding our daughter who he hasn't seen or asked about this whole time. I really want to make it clear to him that I won't shut him out of her life if he wants to be in it. He said he is still working on his recovery and that she is the most precious thing to him (Lol, I have a feeling he will just use that as an excuse to take no responsibility for many things he doesn't want to have to do like get a job etc). Anyway, I asked him if we were on the same page regarding divorce, I want one when the year separation is up (as per the law in Australia). I asked him if he was in agreement and now he's just ignoring me.
I know I can go ahead and just file for one but has anyone had any issues with the other person not signing/making it difficult?
I really wish we could just agree on this and get along for the sake of our daughter.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I have no clue about the law down under, but here if the other person doesn't respond the plaintiff can get a default judgment. Non-response doesn't accomplish anything.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Lexie 😊
Old 12-17-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

And I'm really happy to hear you and baby bear are doing well--I was sure you would!
Old 12-18-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Maybear, I'm glad you and the Maycub are doing well. I would just go to a lawyer and start the process, whether your AH agrees or not. The only criteria for divorce in Australia is separation for a year, so once that's up he can only slow you down, not stop you. The lawyer will help you with drawing up a property agreement that's fair.
I don't know if he's much of a prospect for child support, but that's another parallel matter and won't stop you divorcing.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Lexie and FeelingGreat xxx
Old 12-20-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hugs Maybear!! Glad you two are doing awesome!!!