What have you done for YOU lately?

Old 12-22-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Finishing up my 100 mile challenge with my new outdoor group. I've always run abd worked out abd trained for races BUT this challenge is tough-and I have three days to go. I was up at 5am this morning ready to run. I missed myself terribly -but I'm back !! Taking time for myself when I can-even if just five minutes to process, vent to God or just sit. Got to sit with my okdest and do her Santa list tonight-blessed to be her momma and just have every minute I can with her. Peace to y'all!
Old 12-22-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Oh-and let me not forget-right this moment I'm sitting on the couch listening to frank Sinatra sing Christmas tunes with my 6 year old curled up in a blanket...frank is just a classic-his music makes me happy
Old 12-22-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

I just pampered myself with a Mango and Apricot face mask. My girls did one as well. Some relaxing girlie time. I even found a cucumber in the fridge for the eyes ... which they ate .
Old 12-23-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Well you all are keeping me doing a few crumbs of self-care as well as work on my over functioning/codependent attributes.

Today
took an extra Vit D
10 min of yoga
tried not to over function in doing housework
Old 12-23-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I sent my boyfriend home when he was tired instead of begging him to stay, lol. My codependent self wants control of his free time. My self in recovery knows we all need some free time and time to ourselves and that my world doesn't revolve around any other human than myself.

So, I sent him home. I will see him tomorrow and we will exchange gifts and love up on each other. I don't always have to have it my way! And, that is a gift to myself!
Old 12-24-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Took a candlelight bath last night.

Today I'm doing an experiment, I want to see what it's like to put myself FIRST!
Old 12-24-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Wrapped up work yesterday. I'm off for a 4 day weekend! It was so crazy warm I walked the dogs last night and was enjoying all the Xmas Lights! It was nice to just be in the moment. Then I baked for a few hours and I enjoyed it as there was no rush to get it done, cleaned up and off to bed at a decent hour.

My son was a teen age mouthy snot and I found it pretty amusing rather than upsetting. He has just recently gotten to this point in growing up so I've got patience yet. About 11 last night he came down and apologized. He admitted he was taking his irritation regarding his video game out on me. Good that he worked it out in his head! So we watched the end of 'Christmas Vacation' and I put bows and curled ribbon on what I plan to hand out to my neighbors today. So I got a lot done AGAIN without stressing out.

Today I need to get some groceries and visit my neighbors and maybe bake a few more batches of yummy something. Oh and clean off my dining room table!!
Old 12-24-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Lizatola-that was my Codie me too! So glad you've recognized and changed your actions. Recovery is a great thing! Wishing you a very happy and peaceful Christmas Day!
Old 12-24-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Self-care and Joys of not over-functioning:

Doubled down on eating vegetables: arugula, eggplant and tomato
ran 10 min with dog
cleaned bathrooms just for me
Didn't over function as family was leaving which resulted in a lovely pre-travel moment of prayer: Hail Mary, Lord's Prayer, Litany of Saints both canonized and Non-canonized (I'm all about getting all the practicalities done but when I step back things like this happen. Christmas eve gift)
Old 12-26-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I had a haircut today. I was like "yes i will, no i won't, i do not need one, i can do it myself, no i cannot, it will suck. " So I went, and now I'm super happy.

Now it's time to make a full lunch. What a great day!
Old 12-26-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Mid-day check-in
soaked my feet and treated the cracked skin on my heels with lanolin
another heavy on the veggies lunch

Off to clean up the house a bit so I can enjoy living in a clean house, do a bit of yoga and find an easy knitting pattern for mittens.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

just got finished coloring my hair....my daughter got me a "refill" on the uber fabulous Madison-Reed color product for xmas.....so i am now a full on brunette again (Catania Brown), and the root grow out is gone! i can't say enough about this product.....no ammonia or other nasty stuff, gluten-free (ok that always cracks me up!) and makes your hair feel healthy and lively and doesn't LOOK like it's been colored. they have a short Q&A to help recommend the best hair color......i didn't choose their exact recommendation, went for something with a bit more ooomph.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I just checked out Madison-Reed, is it really that great? Have you tried the root touch-up or the gloss?

I just stocked up on my usual hair color, but maybe worth a try...
Old 12-26-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

yes it is!! i went from completely grown out GREY to vibrant brunette. yes its $$, but for a DIY home color product??? can't be beat.

i am going to try to gloss in about 3-4 weeks (i'll have roots showing by then as my damn hair still grows super fast) and see how that goes. have not tried the root touch up yet...my hair doesn't really HAVE a visible part much, its sort of a thick curly mass so roots aren't exposed much.

i'd rather not show before and after pics here, but if you PM me we can trade emails and i can send you the link for $15 off.....
Old 12-26-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good to hear the Anvilhead is sporting a headful of brunette hair. I would think it would be fun to do with your daughter too.

More taking care of me

-put in a couple of hours cleaning house. Often I only clean when others are headed over. It is nice to live in a clean house.

-30 minutes of yoga

- I have salmon ready to go in the oven and I will probably make it into a salad.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

3:30 which is the armpit of the day for me.

some gestures towards taking care of me
green salad with salmon for lunch
took an extra vitamin D
texted a friend an idea for doing a 5k event together in a few months
Old 12-28-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Got a few things in today but not much:
bought my favorite tea Celestial Seasons Tension Tamer
25 minute run
Old 12-29-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Went to the gym for the first time in months last night! Was nice to not use tiredness as an excuse and let it rule over me, will not stop until that summer body is mine!
Old 12-29-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

SO happy to see all of you still taking care of yourselves!

I've given myself a much-needed break from the computer for the last week.

I've been keeping with most of my healthy eating but letting myself enjoy my favorite seasonal treats too. Finding that line between mindful enjoyment & gross indulgence.

I've squeezed in workouts & a few meditations & yoga sessions randomly every time I started to feel overwhelmed or exhausted with the holiday. I unpacked & used any & all new exercise equipment that I got for gifts. Trying to get in a lot of walking meditations because that's tough to do with my normal schedule; the sun sets too early this time of year.

I did some after holiday clearance shopping with my friend & we specifically carved out an hour of that time to walk on the beach before the full moon melted away. We're both on vacation & it was so nice to be able to take this time during the off-peak days/hours for traffic & crowds. It was SO peaceful & the tide was high & active; beautiful.

I bought myself a new set of makeup brushes on sale & tossed all of the old, bacteria filled ones. Ditto for toothbrushes & loofahs.

Scheduled acupuncture for the morning of NYE - for both DD & myself. Planning on attending my reiki healing circle the night before.

Finished my final rounds of laser-lipo. Still thrilled with the results, could NOT be happier!

I started a free trial for hulu - I waited until I had time to actually watch it because I know it has a lot of my favorite mind-junk TV shows. Ahhhhh, my Real & Desperate Housewives, it's been SO long!

Staying on top of my Vit D. Bought a few pounds of lemons that we will squeeze today & drink down over the next few days. (& use in my face masks)

Did another full face mask/facial & dyed my eyelashes.

I took DD to see Mockingjay Part 2 when RAH had his meeting last week. We spent the afternoon watching Part 1, did some random errands & caught one of the last showings before it left the theater.

Today I am touching up the henna in my hair & we (DD & I) are setting my bedroom up for a movie marathon. First up: Inside Out. Activities planned: facials, occasional, random napping, pedicures & my hair will basically be deep conditioning while the henna sits for a couple of hours. Lots of water today, focus on rehydration.

I've had MANY situations over the last week+ that were like tests of my recovery & how well I could stay on my own side of the street. All so different, but I've had that pink warning flag pop up with my friend, mom, sister, RAH....... I knew the holidays would bring this stuff out. So glad I was slowing down enough to listen to what WASN'T being said & think my responses through so that I could stay on my own side of the street & remain authentic to myself at the same time.

I even had it come up in a way where I had to talk to DD about staying on HER own side in a situation. THAT was an interesting conversation, lol - Hey, I know you basically learned this from me, but it's not ok & here's why......
Old 12-29-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Thanks for chiming in Ned and Fire.

My self-care
extra vit D (this site helps me remember to take one)
10 minute run with a dog
mending an altar cloth below the tabernacle at church

I suppose the last wasn't particularly self care but was a lovely quiet moment where I repaired an altar cloth made by a local woman long gone. It is the church in which I grew up. A visitor came to pray and then came up on the altar to talk as I sewed. We discussed the good things of the church and our deep struggles with Catholicism. Wonderful moment.