Round and Round It Goes

Old 09-10-2004, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Round and Round It Goes

Its Friday! AH has been sober for a week so i thought, untell i went outside to clean the pool. A trash can full on beer bottles, was wondering why he was outside so long with little one. Im not saying he doesnt like to play with our youngest but for normally after work and dinner he complains hes too tired. I really wanted to believe he was trying knowing how depressed i was about my sister taking the kids untell he shows hes serious and i was so happy with him too for trying. I dont no if i should confront him about the trash can full of beer cans but i know its friday night and hell come home go straight around back with his beer and hide it again. What should i do????
Old 09-10-2004, 02:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you bring it up will it stop him from drinking? If it will, then by all means have a discussion about it. If not, what purpose will it serve? You know he is drinking. How about going to an Alanon meeting tonight. That way you will get some help for yourself and won't have to be there to watch him sneak outside to drink. Remember, there isn't anything you can do about his drinking. You can however, do something to make your life better either with him or without him.

Hugs, Jo
Old 09-10-2004, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, if he's been out back drinking all week, he hasn't been trying very hard. No point in not telling him that you're onto him. That isn't going to change his behavior though. Until he has an honest desire to quit drinking, he isn't going to. You have to decide what your boundaries are in regards to his drinking and figure out a way to stick with them.
They don't quit because of what we say or do.
They don't quit because of ultimatums we throw down.
They quit because they want to, for them.
I'm sorry that you're disappointed.
I know it hurts to find out you've been deceived.