HP reaching out to AH, but will he listen?

Old 12-04-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

HP reaching out to AH, but will he listen?

I'm struggling with the idea of a HP in my Al-anon journey, but last night was a powerful nudge - for both of us hopefully. AH had agreed to some sort of cleaning demo last night to start right after his meeting (started again even though he's still drinking). They came late and went on and on and on ...

BUT after the main guy left and I was putting the girls to bed upstairs, I heard him talking to the younger guy as I was in/out of rooms. Turns out he's in AA and sober about 6 mos. I didn't hear as much as my nosy self might have liked (and really fought to keep myself from eavesdropping lol!), but they spent quite a bit of time downstairs talking, and I noticed that he left his number.

What are the odds? I started out annoyed at the interruption in the evening but maybe ... We'll see if he does anything with this gift.

I for one am a little closer to settling with my HP ghosts of the past and am taking it as a gift and a sign
Old 12-04-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If it does turn out to be a gift, remember that it is *his* gift. Just like it is *his* recovery, *his* meeting, *his* HP. You have your own work to focus on.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, SparkleKitty! I am trying to focus more on that. It did help me to see that there is SOMETHING out there though, so even though it was "his" gift, it did serve as my own in a way as well.