Day After the Holiday

Old 11-27-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day After the Holiday

Hi, I hope everyone here had a good holiday. My ah behaved kinda during the day. I had a wonderful day with my daughter and grandkids. I know my ah was drinking, but no one except my daughter and I knew.
Today is a new day though!! My ah went to our business this am. He is now 2 hrs overdue to return. He did this on Monday night as well and just didn't come home.
I have learned a lot on this forum. I am not going to call him. I know where he is, drinking with his 28 yr old friend. My ah will never learn. I hope he gets pulled over for a DWI, that's not a very nice thing to say, I know. I just don't want him to hurt anyone else, and spending another night in jail, and maybe the court will mandate a rehab program.
What I'm focusing on tonight, is getting ready for my trip to Florida. I leave on Wednesday. Also enjoying the quietness of my home. My dogs are the best company.
Thank you all for getting me to this point. I still have a long way to go, but I'm feeling better about me, and letting some of my anger go. I know my road ahead is going to be a rough one. I hope I have the patience, strength, and conviction to continue on this path of taking care of me.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you, friend!! Yes-it serves no purpose for you to try and keep track if him. Trust me-btdt. The outcome was always the same-he left to drink, he didn't come home bc he'd rather be drinking, etc, etc. Wishing you nothing but peace!'
Old 11-27-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Good going, Z--enjoy the peace.

BTW, it could be he's not coming home so as to avoid the DWI situation. If so, be glad for that.

Hugs!
Old 11-27-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you for enjoying the peace and quiet!
Old 11-27-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Update

Ah called me to report he had been drinking, and would be staying at the business and not coming home. I said fine, no problem, I'll lock up the house.
About 2 hrs after that telephone call his truck pulled into the driveway. He clearly had been drinking. I asked him do you think it was a good choice to drive drunk. My ah stated he had something to eat, and was fine to drive home. He clearly wasn't fine, just lucky he didn't hurt someone.
My ah then proceeded to say it looks like I spoiled your evening. I said no, and went upstairs to bed.
I could hear him muttering things about me while I was upstairs. I think he was waiting for me to respond. I didn't.
How stupid of my ah to have driven!!!!!! He no longer has any safety awareness!!! It's getting very scary!!!!!
I think he feels he invincible, and he'll never get pulled over. My ah blew a 0.39 after not having a drink for 8 hrs.
Awful scary the impaired judgement, and total disregard for the safety of others!!
Old 11-27-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yup, scary, all right. If you are aware before he leaves that he's driving in that condition, you could call the police. Not much you can do unless you know he's on the road.

Good job detaching when he got home, though.

Sorry you're dealing with this.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Zircon, you're getting so much stronger, while he's getting worse. Like you, I hope he doesn't hurt someone.

If there's an accident caused by DUI, the perp always seems so remorseful but that doesn't bring back the life they've taken or ruined. As Lexie says, if you can pin him down driving at a particular time, call the police. Hopefully that will take him off the roads.
Enjoy your trip to Florida.