In need of strength

Old 11-22-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

In need of strength

So today is the day when I have my mediation or whatever it's called to try and move my divorce forward and sort out the financial aspects.

I am feeling really anxious and can't sleep, so instead of tossing and turning at 5am until I have to get up I thought I'd post.

One part of me is so anxious and tearful if I'm honest, it's difficult and It's sad to think that it's all come down to this.

Another part of me just wants this over with quickly so I can really move forward with my life. I want this divorce, I want him I out of my life for good so I never have to speak or see him again (I know I will as we have kids but at least I won't be married to him and contact will be even more minimal than it is now. I want to go back to my maiden name, I've started using it with friends and new people I meet but legally I'm still using his name. I want it gone too. It's the beginning of the end!!

The meeting isn't until later on today and I've a day of work to get through and I don't know how I will focus but deep down I know I will as I have to and although I had wanted to take the day off I couldn't and I'm glad I couldn't. At least this way I will be distracted.

Sorry this is a bit of a ramble and doesn't make much sense but I need strength today. Please. Thank you
Old 11-22-2015, 09:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes and strength to you Butterfly

D
Old 11-23-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hang in there butterfly. It's likely to be frustrating rather than scary, and will give you a better idea of whether your AH is deliberately stalling or just can't get his sh** together. Your big challenge will be seeing him at close quarters again, but you're getting so strong now I'm sure you'll come through fine.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This closure is important for you--you are strong enough to get there
and we are here for you
Old 11-23-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do this. It's just 'one day' to get through - you're strong and you have strength around you supporting you too
Old 11-23-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep the strength Butterfly. Just remember, he is chaos. This is a step towards peace and serenity.

Many hugs!
Old 11-23-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

BF, from what you shared about your AH's lack of preparedness for this meeting, it is likely not to be the FINALE. the thing to do is just suit up and show up and keep expectations LOW. i know, easy for ME to say......try to stay focused on work today, just the one task that is in front of you....then move on to the next. if you have an office this might be a good day to clean up files and get your office space nice and tidy. that's always cathartic for me.

good luck.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

What Anvil said.

Expectations low, confidence high.

Good luck!