The Language of Letting Go, November 20

Old 11-20-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go, November 20

NOVEMBER 20

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go."

Wants and Needs

So many of us have been brainwashed to think that we can't have what we want in life. That is the belief of the martyr. It is born of deprivation and fear.

Identifying what we want and need, then writing it down, sets in motion a powerful chain of events. It indicates that we are taking responsibility for ourselves, giving Higher Power and the Universe permission to supply our wants and needs.

The belief that we deserve to have a change in character, a relationship, a new dimension to an existing relationship, a possession, a certain level of health, living, loving, or success, is a powerful force in bringing that desire to pass.

Often when we realize that we want something, that feeling is Higher Power preparing us to receive it!

Listen. Trust. Empower the good in your life by paying attention to what you want and need. Write it down. Affirm it mentally. Pray about it. Then, let it go. Give it to Higher Power, and see what happens.

The results may be better than you think.

Today I will pay attention to what I want and need. I will take time to write it down, and then I will let it go. I will begin to believe I deserve the best.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved
Old 11-20-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you. This was what I needed today. I'm at one of those in between places, moving on from what I thought I wanted and toward what I really want. I need to learn to shut off all those old tapes that tell me what I want is unrealistic and I don't deserve it.
Great pic today too. I know just how those doggies feel. I'm in a wallowing mood.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm at one of those in between places, moving on from what I thought I wanted and toward what I really want. I need to learn to shut off all those old tapes that tell me what I want is unrealistic and I don't deserve it.
LS, I feel like I've been in one of those places FOREVVVVEEERRRR....hugs to you, I get it totally!

It is so hard for me to ask for something different/better--I always think "well, what you got is more than a lot of other people got, so just shut up and be grateful!" Or I assume that somehow I'm capable of living with or doing things that I would think are totally unacceptable for anyone else to live with or do, b/c somehow I'm not worthy of anything more.

"It's OK, it's fine, I can handle it"--are those words really familiar to anyone else here?