SCRAM Bracelet?

Old 11-19-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

SCRAM Bracelet?

Does anyone have any experiences with a SCRAM bracelet (monitors alcohol intake at all times) ? I just found out that my ex's wife has been ordered to wear one. This is a soap opera but bear with me.
Background: I was notified by this wife's ex husband #3 (father of their son) that he filed for full custody of their son. My two boys live part time with them...my ex has joint custody.....there were several witnesses over several days/nights that the wife and my ex were drunk while they had the kids. He filed in the courts for a hearing and he now has primary custody of their son until their trial date for further action. There is more to the story but this is an overview.
The judge must have heard/read enough testimony to order a SCRAM bracelet, right? He also ordered that no alcohol be present in their home. From what I have looked on the internet a SCRAM bracelet is for repeat offenders of DWI's....but I don't think she has ever had one of those...any thoughts would be appreciated...
Old 11-19-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Could be that she agreed to it as a condition of maintaining custody of the kids.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My ex is required to use Soberlink (portable breathalyzer) in order to exercise visitation if he chooses not to submit to a substance abuse evaluation and complete their treatment recommendations.
What's going on with your sons? It sounds like your ex's home is an unsafe environment due to alcohol abuse. Sobriety monitoring in the absence of a criminal offense means the court is taking this very seriously.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What Lady said-my ex was court ordered to use Sober Link as well but after so many failed tests visitation was suspended indefinitely. If the court orders the use of these devices it is because they know without a doubt the minors safety and well being is compromised in the addicts care. Good thing is it let's you know how serious the court is viewing this situation.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
What's going on with your sons?
I have primary custody of my boys and my ex has them every other weekend and on Thursday nights. She now has visitation rights to her son until the trial in two weeks...
My ex called me last week and told me his version of what happened but with his track record I don't know how much of his story I can beleive.
At this point I don't know what to do. All I have is two emails from this ex husband and wife on what is going on with their case. They are nice enought to keep us somewhat updated since they know we have my boys over their part time. I have to trust that my boys are not in any danger since they allowed her to have visitation with her son (stay with her at that house).
I just don't know what else she could have done in order to have this type of device ordered by the judge. Ugh...I just want to make sure my boys are okay...
Old 11-19-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Trust that God will reveal what you need to know. I would not trust an addict with the care of my children-however , trusting God to take care of then is a good place to put your faith. Please keep us updated on how everything goes! Praying for those kids!