Hard day

Old 11-04-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hard day

My husband is a drug addict and he took off a couple of times but got beat and also got flat tire so he didn't get anything. I'm just stressed. I just got 20 days back from drink and on top of this I'm getting results tomorrow to find out if I have thyroid cancer and I got a mother that's schizophrenic that is bothering me and doesn't understand anything she thinks everything is funny he's fighting his cravings today and getting on my nerves my anxiety is so bad usually I take my regular Xanax dosage of 4 mg which keeps me from having a panic attack but it did nothing today until I took 2 more and finally the palpitations subsided. BTW I get nothing out of these pills except for them keeping me from having an attack in case someone wants to say that's not sober I have horrible anxiety and it needed to b taken care of or I'd b drunk right now and that is seriously dangerous for me. The dr thinks I need this she knows about all my stress and I will b telling her I had to take extra today because of the extra stress. I'm venting right now cause I don't want to drink. Alcoholism is my problem a dangerous one and I don't want to do something stupid over this cause it will just cause more problems. Anyway got it off my chest maybe now I'll calm down a bit. I'm angry right now and sitting with it waiting for it to subside
Old 11-04-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Marylynn. I'm sorry you're having such a hard day. Is there any kind of face-to-face, real world support you are getting for your recovery journey?
Old 11-04-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

What SparkleKitty said.

Are you going to AA or to Al-Anon or Nar-Anon? Sounds like you have an awful lot on your plate right now--it helps a lot to share the burden with others who care and who understand what you're dealing with.