SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Sad day (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/378437-sad-day.html)

Liveitwell 11-01-2015 03:21 PM

Sad day

So my ex messaged me last week telling me my dog (that has been with him for over a year) was not doing well-he got her when he was in college but I was her momma - I met her when she was four-and have missed her terribly. I received messages this morning that she was being out down. I.am.so.sad. I'm happy bc she lived a full life and just kept going after multiple cancers and other things. She was my first dog and I fell in love with her. Our dogs were our kids before we had kids. I wish I could have given her a hug and a kiss....I wish I could have been there when she went. I know my ex is hurting badly-he loved her very much. I'm hoping he doesn't go off on a binge but that's also not my problem.
Just so incredibly sad. She is and always has been irreplaceable and just the best dog. RIP.

suki44883 11-01-2015 03:24 PM

(((hugs)))

LexieCat 11-01-2015 03:24 PM

I'm so sorry, it's very sad when we lose our furry friends. It does sound like she lived a great life, though, and even though you couldn't kiss her goodbye, she knew you loved her.

Hugs,

dandylion 11-01-2015 03:37 PM

:ws_flower:candle6D:

Forourgirls.....I am so sorry for y our loss.

dandylion

slowclimb 11-01-2015 03:55 PM

I'm sorry you had to lose your fur baby. They are our family members - esp when we have them before or without children.

Istill miss my Jessie a rottie we got the year before DD was born. We had to put her down at 12 years old and that was a year and a half ago. Big ((hugs)) to you

Liveitwell 11-01-2015 05:17 PM

This is hitting me hard, y'all. Have been praying all day she knew how much I loved her. Very sad :(

LexieCat 11-01-2015 05:19 PM

Trust me, she knew. Animals KNOW when they are loved.

honeypig 11-01-2015 05:42 PM

Forourgirls, I will light my oil lamp tonight for your dog child who has gone on. I am a dog person also; I understand your pain and sorrow at this loss. Know that your sweet girl will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. https://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

(((Hugs))))

Impurrfect 11-01-2015 05:48 PM

((Fourourgirls)) - I'm so sorry, but she knew how much you loved her. Like Lexie said, they know when they are loved.

She will be waiting on Rainbow Bridge for you, but in the meantime, she is running and playing, free of pain or worries, watching over you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

maia1234 11-01-2015 05:48 PM

FOG,
I am so sorry for your loss. I am also a dog person, and they are so important to us. Please know that she new she was loved and had a good life.

There are no words to make it better, cry and embrace your loss.

Hugs my friend!!

FireSprite 11-01-2015 05:58 PM

((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) There is NO doubt that she knows you love her. I'm sorry, losing a furbaby is so painful. :grouphug:

Liveitwell 11-01-2015 06:04 PM

Thank you...crying...but smiling knowing she's not in pain anymore. She was one hell of a doggie.

Liveitwell 11-01-2015 06:11 PM

Can I be honest about a couple of things?? Sad to admit but I questioned whether it was even true this morning bc my ex has lied about a billion things and has tried to manipulate, etc....I guess that's just reality now. Secondly, this is going to sound trite but I am so freaking thankful I can just sit here and cry, discuss death and doggies with my oldest daughter, and NOT be on eggshells waiting for the bottom to fall out bc then husband is on another bender bc his dog died (or enter any other life event, good or bad)....and I wouldn't want to actually feel something for too long in his mind bc id be yelled at to just get over it. Yep. I was scared to feel anything for so long-bc it pissed him off-and he didn't want to take care of me (per him on multiple occasions). Everything that happens just reaffirms I'm on the right path and that God is good. My first doggie is gone-but she set the standard for which all my others dogs will be judged! :) thanks y'all for your replies and support...I hadn't seen her in a very long time....but she knew I loved her.

SoberLeigh 11-01-2015 06:39 PM

Hugs, forourgirls. I am so sorry.

chicory 11-01-2015 06:53 PM

I'm so sorry. I know how much it hurts. It helps to reflect often, on how much she was loved in this world.

wishing you beautiful memories to comfort you.

Liveitwell 11-01-2015 07:49 PM

Yikes...just reread my original post-she was not my dog-she was my exs dog. I was just lucky enough to be her momma for ten years :) Just clarifying. Regardless, I miss the heck out of her.

Lilro 11-02-2015 02:51 AM

Hi For. So sorry to read. It's a hard one. Hugs and peace to you!

firebolt 11-02-2015 08:46 AM

(((Forourgirls)))

Refiner 11-02-2015 08:53 AM

I'm so sorry, For. I chose to have dogs, not children, so I TOTALLY understand the pain of your loss. They are family. God bless.

Gonnachange 11-02-2015 09:28 AM

I am sorry for your loss.