Realizing...

Old 10-28-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Realizing...

Both my ex and I were extremely codependent and alcoholics/alcohol abusers-neither one of us had any boundaries, hard for either of us to tell others no bc of our people pleasing nature, both would rather keep the peace than confront a problem head on, both had abandonment issues. Yikes-I was a serious mess...and getting married just magnified my issues-his-ours-as a marriage always does that! I'm glad I can say I'm on the path to not claim those characteristics any longer-work in provress-but I now have enough self respect to not let others treat me in inacceptable ways-and to not treat others that way either, no matter what-bc I'm not afraid to say no anymore abd simply say "this is not okay with me, goodbye". We had an excellent Bible study tonight on sexual purity after divorce...won't get into all that BUT the moral was it's never too late to start over, begin anew, break the chains from the past and grow up into a healthy adult. A famous pastor once said "each one of us has something inside of us that can destroy us; God protects us from ourselves if we choose to follow His plan and word". Yes!!! It's never too late to get healthy-no matter what our alcoholics do.

Anyway, just wanted to share some hope that we are brave for confronting ourselves and working on recovering. Proud of everyone here. Peace y'all