# 1 (permalink)  

Kboys-thinking of you...

Please check in...!!
Old 10-26-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bump
Old 10-26-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending lots of good mojo to Kboys also!
Old 10-26-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks forourgirls, for thinking of me

The boys and I went to my parent's house last week on Monday. He was home from work that day, and I knew he was drinking all day, so I didn't even bother stopping by to talk to him or get clothes or anything. Just picked up the kids from daycare and left. I sent him a text telling him we wouldn't be coming home. I was able to go by later in the week when I knew he wasn't there to get some stuff...

Throughout the week I got lots of nasty text messages ... "I hope you're having fun f***ing everyone in (your parent's town)" "I will destroy your reputation"
"worthless piece of s***" etc...
I saved all of them.

On Thursday he called me at work, and I answered, because I didn't recognize the number he was calling from. He was sober and calm, but the conversation was ridiculous, and reinforced to me just how much in denial he is, and that he will never take responsibility.
He basically just was continuing to blame me, and tell me that I never listened to him when has been telling me he was unhappy since the kids have been born... we don't get to spend as much time together.... It's all about the kids... I neglect him... If the kids spent all night in their beds and he got to wake up next to me every morning, he wouldn't be so mad all the time and wouldn't drink.
I had to stop myself from laughing.
In the past, I would have gotten angry, and defended myself, told him all the things I HAVE DONE to make time for HIM, sacrificing my sleep, getting NO time for MYSELF. Basically running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to make him happy, make the kids happy, work full time, and stay sane. I really don't think there is anything else I could have or should have done. I needed his HELP with the kids, but instead just got blamed for everything that wasn't working while he did what he wanted...
But I've said all that to him, and it does no good. I know better now.

I was feeling good and strong until yesterday...
I agreed to pick him up so he could go to the pumpkin patch with us.
He was sober, and being nice... so I figured it would be good for the kids.
And it was really fun. Just like nothing had happened, sort of.

It was really difficult for me to drop him back off, and go back to my parent's, but I did...

I keep forcing myself to think about the bad stuff, and I've re-read what I have written in my last post... because I CANNOT let myself get sucked back in this time. It's not going to change, and I know that.

Reminders would be helpful.

THANKS!!!!!
Old 10-26-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh babe, the best reminders are your own posts. Read up, he has been a horrible husband. They can all pull it together for a day or two, but not long term.

Keep on keeping on my friend. XXX
Old 10-26-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh Kboys-thank you for checking in! Yep-pretty typical ****-they can turn on Mr Nice guy for a short while and only when it serves their interests-it will not last. Please take precautions as he will potentially explode when he realizes you are not jumping on the crazy train with him again. What hopeful says above ^^. Many hugs to you today!!!!
Old 10-26-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad u r well. He literally makes me SICK.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very glad you checked in and I am thinking of you.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah, amazing the nicey-nice they can pull out of their butts when they want something. good thing is - thanks to this place, we are well trained in seeing it all. Keep up the good work - the only one of the 2 of you capable of change right now is you.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

KBoys, honest to goodness change is monumental. It's tangible. You feel it in your bones.

It doesn't happen in a day or two.

This goes for both of you. Stay strong. Read your past posts. You and your children deserves better than the nightmare that you have grown accustomed to.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Kboys,

If you leave and he gets sober good for you!!
If you leave and he doesn't get sober good for you!!

You know the drill!!

Sending hugs my friend, take care of you!!!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Kboys-what sparkle kitty said-all day long. I slid backwards and back to my then husband so many times bc I so wanted to believe him-and I did....until I didn't. He showed his true colors and yours has showed his. Just keep us posted on things, ok? I'm worried about you!!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Kboys... thinking of you. I am in somewhat of a similar situation and I'm rooting for you. Stay strong. Hugs!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I hate this part of addiction. The mindf8dge times when they act so "normal" and you start questioning all of your perceptions and your hopes start to climb, only to be dashed again by their next big drunk. I honestly wish that my mom would stay plastered all of the time versus doing the yo-yo thing. I actually think it would be easier that way.

You are on the right path, Kboys. Listen to your intuition for you and for your children.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody You guys are awesome
I will keep posting.

Originally Posted by DoubleDragons View Post
I honestly wish that my mom would stay plastered all of the time versus doing the yo-yo thing. I actually think it would be easier that way.
Yes, definitely this^^^ Me too