This is a new one for me

Old 10-20-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pia

This is a new one for me

This is new to me. I thought Addicts loved other Addicts and always wanted to be with them.

So I got a nasty text message from the girl that lives with my AH's brother they all live together (if that makes sense the brother doesn't acknowledge her as a gfriend.)
She sent me a text telling me to figure out what to do because she is upset that AH is there and they are caught in the middle and this has gone on long enough.

Needless to say I had choice words for her. Anyways I guess he is making either her or them miserable.
All they do is drug/drink and pass out I don't get it.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

People, even addicts, are more complicated than that, I suppose. Her concerns, of course, are between her and the people she is living with. Next time, ignore her nasty messages and leave them all to figure out their own mess!
Old 10-20-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pia.....addicts, in general, love to be with those who validate them and make life comfortable for them in some way____especially around the conditions of their using. If said persons begin to make life inconvenient in some way......there is no true loyalty---it is "so long; good bye"

Most relationships between addicts is organized around their common priority or interest.....the drug/s of choice. Take that away.....or, become a burden in some way.....and there is nothing to hold the relationship together.

Regarding that phone call.....those people have got no interest in you as a person.....they just wanted you to take away their discomfort.....
S**** them.
Don't ever buy a ticket on the crazy train.....it will only take you to crazy town.

dandylion
Old 10-20-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try and picture your AH as a tornado and where ever he goes there will be destruction and devastation.

Your priority is to stay safe and away from getting sucked into it.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pia

I love everyone's feedback thank you. I surprises me because when AH lived with me he would leave here and drive an hour to go to there place and be there all day long so I don't get whats the difference really. He hangs out with his family all the time to do drugs/drink.

Dealing with an addicted person is the most complex frustrating thing to experience.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe he is rapidly progressing and not so much "fun" to be around anymore.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by Sungrl View Post
Maybe he is rapidly progressing and not so much "fun" to be around anymore.
Possibly- I wonder if they found out I had his mail routed to there address.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
Try and picture your AH as a tornado and where ever he goes there will be destruction and devastation.

Your priority is to stay safe and away from getting sucked into it.
I keep thinking of this!!. It's sad because I feel sorry for this girl she is young and I would always try and tell her something I learned from the books I read. . hoping maybe she would wise up but I guess that is the codie in me. It's best I cut her off.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah it’s kind of like you are in your own life boat wanting to pull her in but at the same time know that if you keep attempting that you will eventually fall out and be stuck right there with her again.

It is one thing that you’re AH partied with them it’s a whole different situation when someone never leaves the party.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
Yeah it’s kind of like you are in your own life boat wanting to pull her in but at the same time know that if you keep attempting that you will eventually fall out and be stuck right there with her again.

It is one thing that you’re AH partied with them it’s a whole different situation when someone never leaves the party.
lol love it. I think I want to marry one of the Bush people in Alaska and just live on my own island. Oh wait a minute I like my indoor pluming to much.,
Old 10-20-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pia View Post
lol love it. I think I want to marry one of the Bush people in Alaska and just live on my own island. Oh wait a minute I like my indoor pluming to much.,
Old 10-21-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Pia

Even whats played out on TV. . . those guys seem like stand up guys. They work and build things. Now the only thing my XAH does is build his alcohol collection.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

From my experience, addicts don't really love other addicts at all. They love the person/situation that allows them to do what they want. If this is an sober enabler... perfect that will work.. if it's another A ok that will work.

What they need/love is an enabler. This could be another addict, but alot of times other A's don't have the money,time, energy to be someone else's enabler.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Pia

Thank you ghost99- It's such a coincidence that today I get a text from him regarding his toll bill that came in my name. I sent this last week, so I guess some stuff is hitting the fan over there and now he is going to try to talk. Well I already got it taken care of so I can still keep NC. I don't know why my phone didn't block his text though technology I tell ya.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

why does she have your cell phone #?
Old 10-22-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
why does she have your cell phone #?
I've known her for years she is in a way part of the family. We've never had issues before for some reason she lost her mind and decided to tell me what was on hers.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Can u change your number?

Or block her?
Old 10-22-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by Earthworm View Post
Can u change your number?

Or block her?
Yes I already did. I thought long and hard what everyone said and blocked her too.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good.

Who needs the drama.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Pia

Exactly