SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Here I am again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/377703-here-i-am-again.html)

Kboys 10-19-2015 03:22 PM

Here I am again

Hi Friends,

The last time I started a thread, I had left AH and was staying at my parent's house with my boys (2 and 3).
AH had discovered this site on my phone, and did some reading... partly why I haven't posted much lately, but I think he got bored with it and isn't checking anymore.... I don't care anymore...

Well... we stayed there for a while, waiting for AH to get his sh1t together and move out. Hasn't happened.

We started slowly spending more time at AH's and my house, until we ended up back there most of the time. since he was sober or at least mostly sober, and I really didn't want to continue commuting from my parents' house, and although I am so very blessed to have them, my parents are not easy for me to be around for long periods..... My dad is also (I believe) an A, although not abusive... that's another post.

So last weekend, AH's three month run of "moderate" drinking (after 9 months dry) turned back into heavy bar drinking. I've written down the things that happened, and I feel like I need to share them. Thank you for allowing me to do this.

I'm going back to my parent's house tonight after I pick up the kids. I have a written notice to give him, requesting that he leave by November 5th. It states that if he does not, I will file paperwork with the Court for a move-out order.

10/10/2015
We were having a conversation in the living room, and when he began insulting me, stating, “I know my dad was playing footsies with you… did he touch your ***** too?” I told him I was done with the conversation and started to walk down the hallway to go to bed. He got angry at me for “walking away” and threw an open full can of beer at me. It didn’t hit me but got beer all over me.

10/11/2015
I was in bed, and the kids were asleep in their room. He came home from the bar and stood over me for approximately 20 minutes, berating me, while I laid there, hoping he would leave the room, I just listened and said maybe five words the entire time, in an effort to not escalate it any further, partly because I did not want the kids to wake up.
These are some of the things he said to me:

Do you know how hard it is for me to not splatter your face all over the walls?
******* piece of ****
I hope you burn in hell
I’ll make sure you burn in hell
I’m a sick ************
I ******* hate you
Your best isn’t good enough
I want to slit my throat
All you have is your *****
I don’t give a **** about you or your *****
**** all you people
**** you and your parents and all your dreams
I hope this house burns to the ground
You don’t know what it means to be a family
You will never be a real woman
How did I end up with a disappointment like you?
He spit at me

He then walked out into the kitchen and kicked a cabinet in and broke it.

He came back into the bedroom, where I was attempting to call law enforcement. He took my phone from me, then ripped the blankets off of me and hit me with them several times.
He tackled me on the bed grabbing my shoulders and said,” Do you know what it feels like to have CPR?” He left red marks on my arms, shoulders, and chest. They were faded by morning.

I grabbed the phone at that point after he got off of me. He had dropped it on the bed. I ran into the back yard to try to call law enforcement again. He followed me outside, grabbed me from behind, and took the phone. He lowered his voice and his tone then, and said, “I’m not going to hurt you. Don’t cry. It’s not your fault. You weren’t meant for this.”
He took my phone and went to the spare room and fell asleep.

10/18/2015
He had been at the bar again on this night. I was still awake when he got home, and the kids were in bed asleep. I poked my head out into the garage to see if he was home. He was, and I said hello. He then told me that my “boyfriend” was bartending, and that he was convinced I am “*******” him. The conversation continued for a few minutes, and included many of the insults above, and him trying to get me to “admit” to his suspicions.

I told him I could not talk to him anymore until he was sober. He told me he hides his feelings when he is not drinking, and the only time he can talk is when he’s drunk.
He then went to the kitchen sink and got a steak knife. He walked back over to me, grabbed my shoulders and pushed me up against the wall. He forced the knife into my hand and told me to slit his wrists. He told me no one would listen to him, and he had been abandoned by everyone in his life since he was a child, etc., so he didn’t want to go on anymore. He yelled several times to “just ******* slit his wrists.”
Then he backed off.
He took my phone when he realized I had it in the pocket of my robe.
It slowly de-escalated from there.

That was long....
Thank you so much for reading.

DixieDoodle 10-19-2015 03:32 PM

I am a newbie here but I wanted to say as a human being, you do not deserve the verbal abuse from anyone, let alone an alcoholic. Alcoholics are the worst to rationalize with.

Take a deep breath and one day at a time. We are here for you.

firebolt 10-19-2015 03:35 PM

(((HUGS))) to you and the kiddos. Hun, you deserve so much better. Yes, please please run like the wind to your parents house. I know sometimes we just need once more "incident" to convince us. These are yours - read it often - time for you to take the offence, and you can do it!!! His world will come crashing down, while you start rebuilding yours - all new, shiny, and peaceful! Love and peace, Kboys.

FireSprite 10-19-2015 04:10 PM

(((((KBoys))))))

I held my breath reading that entire post. You do NOT deserve that abuse. How horrible. Are you staying at your parents until Nov 5th then? (Please say yes!)

Kboys 10-19-2015 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by FireSprite (Post 5606605)
(((((KBoys))))))

I held my breath reading that entire post. You do NOT deserve that abuse. How horrible. Are you staying at your parents until Nov 5th then? (Please say yes!)

YES... really this time!
Or until he leaves

dandylion 10-19-2015 04:35 PM

Kboys....you can't be treated like this....and, it will not get any better. It always gets worse.
Your greatest responsibility is to take care of their mother. You are the most important person in the world to them....they depend on you to keep yourself safe and to keep them safe in a nurturing environment.
I am so pleased that you can go to your parents house.

You just have to do whatever y ou have to do. It is up to you to take control of your life and your destiny.....and, I know you can do it.

I am glad that you were able to come here and share this with us.....

dandylion

Kboys 10-19-2015 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by dandylion (Post 5606655)
Kboys....you can't be treated like this....and, it will not get any better. It always gets worse.
Your greatest responsibility is to take care of their mother. You are the most important person in the world to them....they depend on you to keep yourself safe and to keep them safe in a nurturing environment.
I am so pleased that you can go to your parents house.

You just have to do whatever y ou have to do. It is up to you to take control of your life and your destiny.....and, I know you can do it.

Thanks Dandy...
I know it's not going to get better. I've known it for a long time, but just haven't been able to make that FINAL final break.

My three year old told me he woke up when Daddy came home the other night. I asked him what he heard, and he said "F***". He said it made him feel scared.
I see it affecting him, especially, more than his brother....and I feel horrible guilt and shame over that.

I can't let them keep living like this.
I want to be the fun, happy person that I used to be... for them and for me.

hopepraylove 10-19-2015 05:03 PM

This is all absolutely terrifying. I hope you stay away from him, forever. For your sake and your children's.

healthyagain 10-19-2015 05:27 PM

Omg Kboys, that is horrible. Please please stay away from him. DO NOT GO BACK! Have you contacted/talked to the DV people? Because this guy is getting more and more violent. You need protection. Please stay safe. ((((Hugs))))

Liveitwell 10-19-2015 05:36 PM

Jesus...seriously. Pleads stay away....your kids need a momma! I'm praying for you tonight. This is plain scary abd abusive. I wish Lexie was back to offer better advice. Mine is just to do whatever necessary to keep yourself safe. Don't ever go back, please.

hexx 10-19-2015 07:14 PM

I agree with everyone. You are doing the right thing in staying away from him. I just recently went through the same thing with my AH. I went back once and it only got worse. I know how scary and sad and just awful this can all be. Good for you for not going back this time. Please, contact a DV hotline and get a restraining order.

When the rose colored glasses come back (and most of the times they do), please look back over what you have written. Take pictures of the bruises to remind you of why you are doing this...why you and your kids are doing the right thing not being around him.

Keep posting, we are here for you.

unsureoffuture 10-19-2015 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kboys (Post 5606491)
Hi Friends, The last time I started a thread, I had left AH and was staying at my parent's house with my boys (2 and 3). AH had discovered this site on my phone, and did some reading... partly why I haven't posted much lately, but I think he got bored with it and isn't checking anymore.... I don't care anymore... Well... we stayed there for a while, waiting for AH to get his sh1t together and move out. Hasn't happened. We started slowly spending more time at AH's and my house, until we ended up back there most of the time. since he was sober or at least mostly sober, and I really didn't want to continue commuting from my parents' house, and although I am so very blessed to have them, my parents are not easy for me to be around for long periods..... My dad is also (I believe) an A, although not abusive... that's another post. So last weekend, AH's three month run of "moderate" drinking (after 9 months dry) turned back into heavy bar drinking. I've written down the things that happened, and I feel like I need to share them. Thank you for allowing me to do this. I'm going back to my parent's house tonight after I pick up the kids. I have a written notice to give him, requesting that he leave by November 5th. It states that if he does not, I will file paperwork with the Court for a move-out order. 10/10/2015 We were having a conversation in the living room, and when he began insulting me, stating, “I know my dad was playing footsies with you… did he touch your ***** too?” I told him I was done with the conversation and started to walk down the hallway to go to bed. He got angry at me for “walking away” and threw an open full can of beer at me. It didn’t hit me but got beer all over me. 10/11/2015 I was in bed, and the kids were asleep in their room. He came home from the bar and stood over me for approximately 20 minutes, berating me, while I laid there, hoping he would leave the room, I just listened and said maybe five words the entire time, in an effort to not escalate it any further, partly because I did not want the kids to wake up. These are some of the things he said to me: Do you know how hard it is for me to not splatter your face all over the walls? ******* piece of **** I hope you burn in hell I’ll make sure you burn in hell I’m a sick ************ I ******* hate you Your best isn’t good enough ******* ****** I want to slit my throat All you have is your ***** I don’t give a **** about you or your ***** **** all you people **** you and your parents and all your dreams I hope this house burns to the ground You don’t know what it means to be a family You will never be a real woman How did I end up with a disappointment like you? He spit at me He then walked out into the kitchen and kicked a cabinet in and broke it. He came back into the bedroom, where I was attempting to call law enforcement. He took my phone from me, then ripped the blankets off of me and hit me with them several times. He tackled me on the bed grabbing my shoulders and said,” Do you know what it feels like to have CPR?” He left red marks on my arms, shoulders, and chest. They were faded by morning. I grabbed the phone at that point after he got off of me. He had dropped it on the bed. I ran into the back yard to try to call law enforcement again. He followed me outside, grabbed me from behind, and took the phone. He lowered his voice and his tone then, and said, “I’m not going to hurt you. Don’t cry. It’s not your fault. You weren’t meant for this.” He took my phone and went to the spare room and fell asleep. 10/18/2015 He had been at the bar again on this night. I was still awake when he got home, and the kids were in bed asleep. I poked my head out into the garage to see if he was home. He was, and I said hello. He then told me that my “boyfriend” was bartending, and that he was convinced I am “*******” him. The conversation continued for a few minutes, and included many of the insults above, and him trying to get me to “admit” to his suspicions. I told him I could not talk to him anymore until he was sober. He told me he hides his feelings when he is not drinking, and the only time he can talk is when he’s drunk. He then went to the kitchen sink and got a steak knife. He walked back over to me, grabbed my shoulders and pushed me up against the wall. He forced the knife into my hand and told me to slit his wrists. He told me no one would listen to him, and he had been abandoned by everyone in his life since he was a child, etc., so he didn’t want to go on anymore. He yelled several times to “just ******* slit his wrists.” Then he backed off. He took my phone when he realized I had it in the pocket of my robe. It slowly de-escalated from there. That was long.... Thank you so much for reading.

Kboys,

What you are describing is utterly frightening. The violence and intimidation is escalating. He hasn't physically hurt you yet but the potential is there. What you are describing is domestic violence. You do not deserve that and your boys don't deserve living in that type of environment. Remember they are watching and learning. Only you know what is best but contacting the domestic violence resources in your area might be helpful. They can give you tons of information and support even if you decide to stay with your AH. No one should ever feel unsafe in their own home. No one should ever have that kind of power over you. You deserve better.

ladyscribbler 10-19-2015 08:14 PM

I went back to my ex after a trial separation and the abuse got worse. He also started turning it on my oldest son. No one should have to live in fear.
I had to take a pause after reading your original post because it sounded so much like what my ex used to do, waking me up in the middle of the night with horrible tirades and threats, physical violence, waking up the kids.
I'm glad you and your children have a safe place to go right now. Please keep writing things down as you remember them. Be as specific as possible. If he's anything like my ex he will continue his abuse via the legal system through a protracted custody battle. The mask will go on. He'll start playing "superdad" and putting on a big show for the court. Getting away is the first step, but you'll need to stay strong to protect your kids.
Take care and stay safe.

Carlotta 10-19-2015 08:20 PM

I hope you and the children are safely at your parents :hug:

maia1234 10-19-2015 08:24 PM

Kboys,
Only u can make the change. Do it for the kids, they need their mom!!
Hugs my friend!!

53500 10-19-2015 09:14 PM

Omg, that is terrifying! Thank God you and your kids got out okay. Seems to me he should go to jail for a good long time.

caretaker88 10-19-2015 11:12 PM

He will kill you! And probably your boys! He is more than just an alcoholic! He is having paranoid delusions, which is a sign of a very serious mental illness. I am a RN at a major psychiatric hospital and have been caring for patients who have been committed as mentally ill and dangerous. PLEASE believe me! I have heard this same story over and over again! PLEASE leave immediately, go to a shelter for battered women with your boys. They will help you through the court process and help to relocate you and your boys to a safe place. Just leave and do not contact him! Contact the police so that they can keep an eye on your parents house, because he WILL go there first looking for you! DO NOT go to your parents house. Call them and let them know what is going on, so that they can be hyper aware and be ready to call the police as well. WHEN he does show up there, they will arrest him, because in all likelihood, he will be drunk, which will buy you some time to get papers filed in court. PLEASE LEAVE IMMEDIATELY! I am so sorry you are going through this. I am so scared for you right now. I am praying for you and your boys to get out of this safely!

FeelingGreat 10-20-2015 04:26 AM

Kboys I'm horrified by your post. He needs to be locked up.

I hope you're safe at your parents, even though it involves a long commute. Go get him - how dare he stay in the house when you have the kids.

redatlanta 10-20-2015 05:06 AM

I too am horrified but what you have experienced.

Please, under no circumstances, meet with this man anywhere. He does sound like he is having paranoid delusions. I hope you will contact law enforcement and attempt a restraining order, or to put him in jail. He might get the psychological help he clearly, desperately needs.

Stay safe and strong. No more ok? This could have ended much worse than it did. this man is threat to your life and your children's lives. Please don't rationalize the behavior into a one time or two time thing - or guilt yourself into going back if even for a visit.

Praying for you and your family.

theuncertainty 10-20-2015 09:16 AM

(((((hugs))))) I'm so sorry for how terrifying your past few weeks have been. Wishing you peace and continued strength.