Getting what you need

Old 10-15-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting what you need

Oftentimes at an Al-anon meeting after the speaker finishes I find myself realizing the message was just what I needed at that time even when I didn't know it. And other times too I have found my higher power tossing something in front of me at a moment of great need.

Yesterday I came back to SR and expressed my fear of going back to my meetings. I got support and encouragement here that it is exactly what I need and it's ok to be nervous and ok to cry and fall apart. So I responded that I was going to talk myself up to getting to the Friday meeting.

Late yesterday afternoon I got a call on my cell phone. I didn't recognize the number but answered anyways (I don't usually). It was a call from one of the members of the Friday group saying the meeting location was changing for the day. I have never had anyone call me before. I was dumbfounded and thanked my HP for once again showing me what I need.

So yes....I'll be going to that meeting tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's nice that they recognized you and thought enough to call you. Thanks for sharing! HP had your back!
Old 10-15-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

An unexpected phone call to show you mattered and were thought of. Such a supportive group. Enjoy your meeting.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow-God never messes up. His plan is perfect-glad you answered the call and went to the meeting! Peace to you