Watching people

Old 10-14-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pia

Watching people

Have you ever watched people in a relationship whether on TV or friends gentle caring for each other like a hug or rub on the back and just know how the person you select was just wrong? How the relationship has gotten so bad that if my AH wanted to kiss me I would turn my face. I had so much anger and resentment I was disgusted.

I was thinking about that today when I watched a wife run into her husbands arms and he picked her up and kissed her. You can tell they were healthy and happy. No blood shot/glossy looks. No falling over hanging on the chair for dear life.

I have learned so much about myself and my relationship. I am sadden to realize how little I valued myself back then.

Today I filled out the form with the post office to forward the mail to his address. I never really put much thought into it. It really mad me so sad but it needed to be done. I told myself no turning back.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
30 Days & Under Club

I love people watching! You can tell so much about a couple based on their body language...even if their words are saying the complete opposite.

Today, I was watching a reality TV show and a couple just moved in together. The friends of the girl kept telling her it wasn't a good idea (because they may not "be on the same page") but she insists they're in love... A few minutes later, they're eating dinner and she mentions marriage and kids... His face instantly scrunched up and he (subconsciously) scooted away from her. His actions/body language screamed, "No!!" but his verbal response was, "Yeah, that's something we can talk about." I'd go out on a limb and say her friends were correct... Love truly is blind!
Old 10-15-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by SoberRunner View Post
I love people watching! You can tell so much about a couple based on their body language...even if their words are saying the complete opposite.

Today, I was watching a reality TV show and a couple just moved in together. The friends of the girl kept telling her it wasn't a good idea (because they may not "be on the same page") but she insists they're in love... A few minutes later, they're eating dinner and she mentions marriage and kids... His face instantly scrunched up and he (subconsciously) scooted away from her. His actions/body language screamed, "No!!" but his verbal response was, "Yeah, that's something we can talk about." I'd go out on a limb and say her friends were correct... Love truly is blind!
All I can say is wow!!!!
Old 10-15-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember having a boyfriend when I was in high school who was already in college. In my mind, he wrote me the most romantic, lovesick, heartfelt letters ever written to a girl. Years later, long after we broke up, I found those letters in a pile of my old stuff. How I saw in an ounce of anything beyond, "Hey, what's up??" is beyond me. It was a real eye opener to me about how much our emotion colors everything.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by DoubleDragons View Post
I remember having a boyfriend when I was in high school who was already in college. In my mind, he wrote me the most romantic, lovesick, heartfelt letters ever written to a girl. Years later, long after we broke up, I found those letters in a pile of my old stuff. How I saw in an ounce of anything beyond, "Hey, what's up??" is beyond me. It was a real eye opener to me about how much our emotion colors everything.
You reminded me I was getting rid of the letters/cards my husband gave me over 13 years worth and most started off with I'm sorry I hurt you..
talk about red flags.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
KKE

I actually look at these people who look so happy and think "I wonder what going on behind closed doors though??"

My husband is in recovery but when things were bad, so many people made the assumption that I was happy. It was my mask for a long time.