Divorce Care

Old 10-09-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorce Care

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone going through a divorce or already divirced....I've been doing this class for a while at a local church and it's been great-very helpful. I've met a lot of people walking the same walk and dealing with the same emotions-and a couple of people (man and woman) that left their alcoholic spouses. The class focuses on rebuilding your life after divorce-and a lot of the topics are extremely helpful for those of us coming out of marriages with addiction-the crazy making, the depression, etc. It's helped me to look at the things I did reacting to the crazy abd heal. Anyway, just thought id share for anyone looking for support-it's a great class of you can find one near you. Highly recommend! Peace y'all
Old 10-09-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Is the program titled Divorce Care or something else? Thanks!!
Old 10-09-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Divorce Care-it's put on through Churches. I dig it! I think you'd find a lot of value and healing in it, Katchie!
Old 10-09-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Divorce Is Tough

Divorce is tough no matter how you look at it. Even the amicable ones. I try my best to not make the divorced person feel shunned, isolated, or alone. Many people do not know how to treat a person going through divorce and they ASSUME the divorcing person doesn't really want to be contacted, etc. So they don't reach out...and that makes the divorcing person feel even MORE alienated! It may not be easy, you may feel that if you contact them they will push you away, but it's worth the risk, I think, to be the one to reach out, because they are probably in a place of immense sadness and just not in a place to have the STRENGTH to do the reaching. So sometimes we need to take it upon ourselves to be the one to reach out. This has NEVER failed me, glad to say!

Reach out and keep reaching. It's totally worth it.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for that. I have signed up to their daily email.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

When I divorced, back in the 90s there were classes called 'Moving On'. I couldn't go myself because of work, but friends got a lot of benefit from them. One friend met a future partner (this was fairly common) but he turned out to be a rat.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know this class runs for a certain number of weeks. Can you begin going in the middle, or do you have to wait for the next class to start?
Old 10-10-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

From what I've seen it's come when you can-we had a couple people last week start coming.